PDA

View Full Version : Reefkeeper controller reseting! Plz help

newmoon
11/30/2004, 01:41 AM
Anyone have the reefkeeper controller?
I had a short power failure today( less than 2 seconds) and when the controller started, it reseted ALL my settings!!!
So fans turned on, pumps stopped and God knows what could have hapened if I wasn't next to my tank and at home!

thanks

N.

RonSF
11/30/2004, 02:11 AM
Yes, they've had some problems with this. Fortunately you caught the problem early and they are working on it. Check the Digital Aquatics and RC forum for more info, then send them an email and they will take care of it for you.
-Ron

newmoon
11/30/2004, 02:16 AM
I just checked their website and they say that they had some problems with units made earlier(with older soft versions) not keeping user settings after restart...and that now they offer a new version soft that elimantes this problem. But you need to exchange the unit with them(the front panel). Funny is that I bought my unit less than 2 weeks ago and my soft version is the oldest one(1.1...the newest beeing 1.3, so I'm two versions back).

Oh well...glad I was around the tank.

newmoon
11/30/2004, 02:16 AM
thanks, Ron, that's what I just did

RonSF
11/30/2004, 03:37 PM
They've also discovered some ballasts cause interference that screws with the ReefKeeper. Nick will work through your issues and stand behind his product. Good luck.
-Ron