PDA

View Full Version : Pairing GSM with WSM

doh1771
11/29/2004, 11:48 AM
Anyone know if this is possible or have experience in trying to do it?

showjet98
11/29/2004, 09:43 PM
Yes you can, same species

gflat65
11/29/2004, 10:19 PM
Any tips on how to introduce one to a tank with the other having ruled it for seven years? Ole girl needs a buddy (she may not know it, but I want to give her one:)). I'm afraid of the possible carnage.

inlandreef
11/29/2004, 10:23 PM
You could get one of those in tank refuges the let her adjust to her new man.

doh1771
11/30/2004, 02:39 PM
I was able to find another WSM so I am now trying to pair it to my existing female WSM (I think it is a she as it is 2.5" long and has been on its own for a while). I added the little guy (1.25") last night. I am using a specimen container with holes drilled in it to keep the two separated but able to see each other. In about another day or so, I'll let the small guy out to see if they will get along. If not, then the smaller guy will go back in the speciment container for yet another couple days.

clown fanatic
11/30/2004, 07:59 PM
good luck with that man, it can be a pain in the butt. im trying to reintroduce my 2 WSM's in my new tank without the anemone haha those lil boogers get vicious when you throw an anemone into the mix

doh1771
12/01/2004, 09:36 AM
I'll post later tonight to let you know what happens with my first attempt at letting the smaller WSM out of the specimen container. That said, I am not too optimistic at this point. The female has been taking some runs at the guy in the specimen container. I was hoping that the guy in the specimen container would show signs of submission, but I guess he feels pretty safe in the container because he pretty much ignores the female's attempts to get at him.

doh1771
12/01/2004, 10:20 PM
I thought that I would update everyone. The first attempt was a failure. I let the smaller guy out of the specimen container and watched as he got chased around for 10 minutes without showing any signs of submitting to the female. He (I hope it is a "he") is now back in the specimen container. I'll try again in a couple of days. If it doesn't work, I'll have to trade "him" in for an even smaller one, if I can find one.