PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing Question

lucent1123
11/27/2004, 06:46 PM
I just moved my 75 gallon sump to the basement. It is running on my 180 reef tank. It has a dual drain. Question is this, the drains are now very noisy, lots of gurgling. I am using two Mag 24's for the returns. Head is around 9 feet. Is it likely that I need to upgrade the pumps to keep a slightly faster return for the water flow? The level is remaining steady in the sump, so hard to tell.

Thanks in advance

Howard

lucent1123
11/27/2004, 11:12 PM
Ok, further update. I have the durso setup, with the "flushing" effect. Water rises and falls in the return area. I have adjusted the height of the return in the sump, and played with the hole diameter as well, to no avail. Maybe I need to adjust the height of the intake, but not sure.......

lucent1123
11/28/2004, 10:45 PM
Got it fixed by playing with the vent hole sizes. Has anyone here ever plumbed a large tank? I am trying to figure out the best method for the 500 gallon tank...... have a 125 for the sump, external pump, external filter, external skimmer, ozone, you get the picture. Any help here, or pointing me to something to read, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Howard

reewik
11/28/2004, 11:11 PM
Ck out Steave weast site...

www.oregonreef.com

You can email him too.