PDA

View Full Version : WTB, Live rock and corals in Appleton

nilaszewski
11/27/2004, 01:27 PM
Like it says, right now i have a tank with live sand and need some rock now, im new to this all but id imagine that i have to wait for the LS to cycle but after that, im gonna need some rock. Its a 40 gallon long so im thinking ill want 60-80lbs. No one likes bare rock so then i need something to grow on it!

Let me know if anyone has stuff forsale!

superlazy
11/27/2004, 07:20 PM
You don't have to wait on the sand. go ahead and order your rock.
Last year this time I got 65lbs from Dr Mac thats all right
I also have another 65 curing the basement from phishybusiness.com That I'm not real thrilled with at that point.
Who ever you order from make shure they add heat packs and wrap the rock in wet paper

nilaszewski
11/28/2004, 01:04 AM
so i have about 45lbs or cured live rock, i need another 40 if possible, cured would be great, anyone with in driving distance have some live rock they dont need?

mrpink44
12/05/2004, 02:19 PM
I ordered 70lbs of LR from Phishy Business in September and it is really nice rock. I have some awesome macro algae and some free zooanthid hitchkikers. The rock color is awesome. Just my opionon, but I'd order from Phishy Business again....I really am impressed with what I got.

nilaszewski
12/05/2004, 05:59 PM
where are thy out of? I want it to be more local and add it this weekend. I dont need a ton. Check my gallery for new tank pics and see what you think, how much do i really need. I think just a few large pieces and i will be fine.

superlazy
12/05/2004, 06:03 PM
Hey mrpink44
Did they wrap yours in newspaper?

mrpink44
12/05/2004, 06:22 PM
Phishy Business is out of Ohio I believe. Either there or Indiana.

I believe it was wrapped in newspaper. I was really happy with Serdar as no other companies had what I was looking for. He was willing to ship me 2 different kinds....35lbs each. I had it overnighted here.

Check my gallery - I just uploaded two pics. One from day 2 of when I got the rocks and the other one is from approx. 2-3 weeks ago.

superlazy
12/05/2004, 06:44 PM
Opps they are in Ohio shipping was real cheap.

When i Got the 2 boxes 11/3
http://home.wi.rr.com/superlazy/rock2.jpg

http://home.wi.rr.com/superlazy/rock1.jpg

Did you have any kinda cycle? I've had none at all.
I've been thinking about giving sedar a call since it's been a month and really no signs of life. Mine was not wraped in paper but looked great but dry when it arrived.
I know with my tonga that I had pods all over the tank by now

nilaszewski
12/05/2004, 07:24 PM
is it cured? The rock i have is cured from an established tank. PLease someone, someone must have some rock they want to part with.

mrpink44
12/06/2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by superlazy

Did you have any kinda cycle? I've had none at all.
I've been thinking about giving sedar a call since it's been a month and really no signs of life. Mine was not wraped in paper but looked great but dry when it arrived.
I know with my tonga that I had pods all over the tank by now

I got the LR for a new setup and my cycle lasted all of 19 days. I think the higest ammonia got was 5ppm. I didn't do a single water change until day 19....then on day 20 the cleanup crew was added.

I noticed a few worms, one crab, and one sand sifting cucumber during the cycle that ended up dying. I didn't realize there were zoo's on the LR until about 2 months in. Besides some really cool macro algae that I let grow out, the rocks are turning a real nice color.

Did you have the rock shipped overnight??? If it's anything like mine, you'll be extremely happy with it. Like I said...I will call Serdar first thing when I upgrade to a larger tank!!