PDA

View Full Version : Help on unwanted Critters !!!

squishybum
11/23/2004, 05:48 PM
Hey There,
1st time posting a thread, so here goes. I just started cycling my 65 gal tank last week and I've added a large piece of LR to help cycle. I've been doing my reaserch and know that there are creatures that are most undesirable that hide in the LR and cause alot of heart ache. The Mantis Shrimp being one and I'm sure i have one in my tank coz of the clicking noises. What I'd like to know is, what other worms, shrimp and critters ect should I try to catch now before it's to late ? If you have photo's I'd love to see them coz I have know idea what they would look like.
Thank-you

krel23
11/23/2004, 06:37 PM
there may be any number of critters. if you want to get rid of a mantis shrimp, you can cut the top half of a plastic water bottle and then invert it, so it funnels into the bottle. tape it up. put a piece of shrimp in it and tomorrow you should have ur mantis.

umm, i'd suggest getting yourself a digital camera and then taking pictures of sucspcious organisms. most of them, you'll deal with maybe aptasia. it's a clear colored anemone that grows like weeds. and some crabs. depending on who you talk to, certain crabs are good/bad.

do a search on this forum and you should find information on unwanted hitchhikers.

aquaman67
11/23/2004, 08:01 PM
[welcome]