PDA

View Full Version : Red Bubble tip Anemone and bacteria

SeanySean
11/23/2004, 01:09 PM
Hi all,

It has been a very busy few weeks trying to clear the brown red algae, lots of messing around with the tank and scrubbing rocks to remove this vial bacteria!!

When I scrubbed the whole tank down the water obviously became poluted for an hour or so with debri from the rocks and the algae itself.
The algae has now basically gone, I have not fed the tank in 3 weeks, and have reduced the lighting down to about 6 hours for the 150w MH and 8 hours for acinics.

I think the algae may have started because I have an in-between sandbed, it was about 1.5 - 2 inches all round so I think there was semi breakdown and resulted in the problem - any ideas, am I on the right track?

I have two anemones in the tank, one Atlantic and one red bubble tip, The atlantic stayed in a small ball for about a week after the initial clean as did the bubble, but... the atlantic is now out and has been for about 2 weeks, the bubble has moved around (has not moved in a week), is hanging upside down but will not open, is there anything I can do to help this, is it ok, colour looks good? could it have taken in too much rubbish from the clean?

Thanks in advance all,

Sean