PDA

View Full Version : tiny white worms??

sweettypize
11/23/2004, 09:40 AM
i noticed several tiny white curly things sticking to my tank glass they are about a quarter milimeter long if that some are smaller, i also noticed that my snails seem to have them on them too. they probley been there the whole time but you really have too look hard to see them. i got a magnifying glass to check them out further what are these, i just cleaned my glass yesterday so i know that they had to come lastnight, anyone please, i have turbo snails in the tank ,they look like baby snails without the shell ,they are white to whitish brown please help, im such a panicker!!! everything was going well. i did do a water chnage a couple days ago. all fish and LTA seem ok, my snails seem alittle slow latley. thanks.

Farm_her78
11/23/2004, 12:08 PM
Do you have any pics?

szwab
11/23/2004, 12:22 PM
ounds like sessile worms. harmless they fileter feed from the water column.

DeLong20
11/23/2004, 01:49 PM
I had some white worms in my tank a while back. They were about the same size that you had explained only they would swim by spinning really fast. They may be the same as yours or somthing really sim. Anyhooo, I solved this little issue with my Royal Gramma. He cleaned up those little worms in about 2 days. The worms weren't really causing any problems to begin with and I don't believe they would of caused any problems. They sure did look tastey to my Gramma.

chad508
11/23/2004, 01:49 PM
barnicals

sweettypize
11/23/2004, 01:56 PM
do you think they could have came from my snails??they have some on them but they dont seem alive as these?? dont have any live rock. i dont want to add anymore fish to my tank its only been running for 2 months,it was upgraded from a 55 gal, saltwater tank. just wondering if there harmful,i have a firefish and 2 damsels purple tang,sea star,6 chromis and a clown,guess its not looking good to them guess ill just see hopefully they dont cause a problem thanks you guys any more info anytime.

H2OLUVSME
11/27/2004, 09:29 AM
check out melevs reef (http://www.melevsreef.com/id/) and see if it looks like a spirorbid worm. thats what they sound like to me. they are harmless filter feeders.

HTH

landon

sweettypize
11/27/2004, 05:34 PM
hey thanks yeah thats what they are guess u cant be to sure sometimes . sure am learning alot thank again