PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

Sweetie7472
11/23/2004, 07:32 AM
Hi there...I am a fairly new kid on the block, and need some help...I bought a sump for a 55 gal. tank, the lights, the protein skimmer and all but now I find the sump will not fit inside my stand!!! Although I bought all the equipment from the same guy it was in 2 section (previously the tak was freshwater herein my home......) So I have no idea what to do....It WILL go under there but only if the tank is very far from the wall and does not look attractive......The Sump is most likely too much for this 55 g. or is that even possible to have too much....??

Can someone steer my in the right direction??

I am in the Tampa, Fl area if anyone knows where I can get some help!!

Ruth
(Excited Beginner!!):D:D

Cearbhaill
11/23/2004, 07:36 AM
Welcome!!!

http://www.reefcentral.com/images/welcome.gif

To Reef Central!

Seems you will either have to fit it in there or go pick up something smaller to use.

Sweetie7472
11/23/2004, 07:55 AM
Would getting just a larger stand do? I paid $300.00 for the equipment and would rather not buy anymore.....maybe i should use a 75 gallon stand>?

der_wille_zur_macht
11/23/2004, 08:07 AM
Many (all, basically) glass tanks in that size range are designed to be supported around the perimeter. If you use a larger stand, you will probably not get that support, as most stand tops are open.

Can you get a quick digital photo of the setup? Might help people make suggestions. You may want to just get a smaller sump that will fit in the stand.

Or, you could get creative and try to cover or hide the sump where it sticks out of the stand.

shag26272
11/23/2004, 10:30 AM
i would think it would be cheaper to get a new sump than a stand

GreatPyr
11/23/2004, 10:39 AM
Do you have room to put the sump in some kind of stand beside the main tank?