PDA

View Full Version : Are banghaii cardinals....

cateyes
11/23/2004, 06:31 AM
shrimp eaters??? i really like their look but i have 2 cleaner shrimp that my clowns and i have become quite fond of... wouldn't want to knowingly get something that might eat them.....
thanks,,,,, lisa :)

der_wille_zur_macht
11/23/2004, 06:47 AM
Nope. Pretty peaceful planktivores (i.e. will eat stuff out of the water column and leave reef inhabitants alone.)

VoidRaven
11/23/2004, 07:15 AM
Great fish...one I highly recommend! The love brine shrimp and can be weaned to flake (if you really want to...mine takes flake, but I try to always feed it frozen stuff). I have not seen it go after any tank inhabitants. I would suggest staying away from Pajama Cardinals, however, as I have heard and read a lot of comments about them going aggressive.

danho
11/23/2004, 10:18 AM
I have had both Bangaii's and Pajama's and have noticed no behavioural differences personnaly. The 3 Pajama's I have right now are very peaceful in my 55gal and I have had them for 2 years. Just my experience.

Jeremy Blaze
11/23/2004, 11:28 AM
I have personally seen and heard stories of Bangiis eating shrimp. Cleaners no, but I have seen them eat Peppermints shrimp and glass shrimp. Their mouths are pretty big. I recall when they first arrived in that hobby a few years ago, we would feed them feeder guppys. So they are very capable of eating larger items.

I would say, if you keep them well fed, and you only have cleaner shrimp, you should be fine.

Avi
11/23/2004, 11:51 AM
I have a Coral Banded Shrimp...a Skunk Cleaner and two Camelback Shrimp....The three Bangiis show no interest in them at all.