PDA

View Full Version : the wizard died

Mantis806
11/22/2004, 11:52 PM
my emerald crab (aka the wizard) died. i have no clue what happened to it. i guess over the past couple of months i have been noticing that his shell is not quite as "emerald" as it was when i got him. but it wasn't ever really too green in the first place. i found him tucked away under a rock today. i have no clue what happened. everything else seems fine and dandy though. well except my tang. the tang got ich about 2 weeks ago and i've been using kick ich in the tank. i've also added a few extra corals this week. but none of the other fishes got ich and the corals seem to be fine. all the hermits and snails seem happy and doing their normal routine all day. the pod population seems fine. i see a lot at night. i got a sump full of new cheato a couple of weeks ago. all the old stuff died. all parameters seem normal. the nitrates have slowly decreased. it was overing around 40ish b4 i refilled the sump with macro. then it jumped down to about 15. and has been slowly decreasing. no ammonia or nitrites. calcium is around 450. alk is 8.5. dunno what the hell happened too the emerald. maybe he starved? i haven't seen him eat too much. the stupid shrimp hogs everything that falls to the bottom.

Mantis806
11/22/2004, 11:57 PM
o yea, i also wanted to add that i got a aquaclear powerhead 402 for $5 today! granted it was used, but WHAT A DEAL! there was a whole bunch of used stuff for sale at the fish store. it was like a flee market for fish stuff. this was at aquatic creations in willamsburg, brooklyn if anyone is interested. their new dried goods are regular price and live stock is 3-4 times more expensive than online. but the guys who work their are super cool and i think they're RC fans too.

Nasty Wendy
11/23/2004, 08:40 AM
I had a Ruby Crab that died mysterioulsy. It was a Live Rock hitch-hicker and it was the first living thing I could see in my tank. One day it was just sitting still doing nothing for a long time and it turned out it had croaked. It had been living in the tank for several weeks.