PDA

View Full Version : I need some help!

lindsay
11/22/2004, 11:29 AM
I bought a six line wrasse on wednesday and put him directly in a quarantine tank, he was doing really well, eating from day one, etc. This morning when I woke up he was in the middle of what looked like a tubular cob web. I got him out of it and he started swimming irratically - almost like he was blind. Has anyone heard of this before? I did a search and nothing came up, hopefully someone can help.

Lindsay

der_wille_zur_macht
11/22/2004, 11:40 AM
Many wrasses build weblike nests out of mucous to sleep in every night, it's prefectly normal.

What's in the q-tank? If it's totally bare, at least throw in several PVC pipe fittings or something else for him to hide in at night.

lindsay
11/22/2004, 11:43 AM
Thank you for the reply. So I probably freaked him out when I got him out of his bed with such furry. I have a large piece of live rock and sand. He's also in their with a yellow clown goby (also doing really well).

der_wille_zur_macht
11/22/2004, 11:46 AM
Should be fine then. He may even make his web-bed down in/under the substrate one day, so don't be alarmed if you turn the lights on and find him buried, either. ;)

Konadog
11/22/2004, 11:46 AM
lindsay,
[welcome]

What you observed is normal for that type of wrasse. Mine does it every night, scarry looking if they haven't woken up yet. I'm sure the fish was disoriented when you flushed him out of bed.