PDA

View Full Version : Do you see your 6 Line Wrasse eat bristle worms?

Skipponator
11/21/2004, 07:16 PM
I have not seen my 6 Line Wrasse eat a single bristle worm. I see him hunting all the time, but have yet seen him eat. Tonight when I fed my anemone I saw it grab some pieces of food floating around. I dunno if he eats at night as I see him sleep.

Do any of you see yours eat them up, I have worms all over and he swims right by.

-Skip

Skipponator
11/22/2004, 09:20 AM
Anyone?

Saltywater
11/22/2004, 09:53 AM
I have never seen my Six Line eat bristle worms. He eats alot of what I feed the outer fish.

i8chicken
11/22/2004, 11:04 AM
I've never seen my 6 Line eat one, but I watched one of my pepermint shrimp catch one and chow it down yesterday. Yum!:)

moo
11/22/2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by i8chicken
I've never seen my 6 Line eat one, but I watched one of my pepermint shrimp catch one and chow it down yesterday. Yum!:)

I never saw my six line eat a single bristle worm...but like i8 I saw my shrimp grabbing a small bristle and eating it, except mine was a cleaner shrimp.

ab5ebdxer
11/22/2004, 02:16 PM
I have seen my six line eat a bristle worm, or at least I saw him swimming around with it in his mouth. It was a big one for his size but he seemed determined to eat it. I have heard of others who say their six line eats bristle worms.

Skipponator
11/22/2004, 06:17 PM
Well that's the reason I ordered one was to eat bristle worms. So if he doesn't eat them I need to know what to feed him. I've had the Wrasse for a week. I've got flake food, some small pellets, frozen boodworms, silver sides, mysis shrimp, and zoo plankton.

My lfs has a type of lionfish that I guess just gobbles up bristle worms, it's orange, silver I think, no too terribly big. Maybe I should give that a try.

ab5ebdxer
11/22/2004, 06:28 PM
My sixline eats just about anything I put in the tank.

Skipponator
11/22/2004, 07:36 PM
Oops, I meant hawkfish, not lionfish.

ReefRian
11/23/2004, 02:59 PM
I've never heard of purchasing a six line for bristleworms. I know they eat pyramidal snails and anything else that might be living in your rocks, i.e. mysid, copods, etc. Most will pretty much eat anything you add to your tank too, they are little piggies, though I don't think mine like flake.

Rian

scottfarcuz
11/23/2004, 04:18 PM
I saw my emerald crab eat a bristle worm a few days ago. I wish I wouldve snapped a few pics