PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with my rose?

RayLovesNemos
11/21/2004, 06:49 PM
i got a rose yesturday and acclimated him for like 2 hours and put him in. he seems fine and gripped nice and tight to this rock. he is fully open and see the full color of the bulbs. but people said i should try to feed it. i used my hand to feed it a bit of mysis to see what it would do. it did not close up, and the mysis is just stuck on the tentacles. the maroon i have has not hosted it yet. now im starting to get worried there is white transparent film comming out of the annemone. im worried

what should i do??

Cearbhaill
11/21/2004, 06:56 PM
Nothing much you can do except give it time to settle in and make sure the water parameters stay good. They can sure throw a scare into you in the first few days.

RayLovesNemos
11/21/2004, 07:25 PM
well he looks like he dflating and mabe taking a bathroom break? and looks like one side of his foot is starting to release from the rock he is on?? normal?

thanks for the quick responces :)

Cearbhaill
11/21/2004, 07:49 PM
It's just so hard to interpret what they're doing when we don't speak anemone. I have a new one that is driving me nuts- he will look to be just this side of deaths door, then the next time I walk by he's the picture of health.
We just have to wait and see...

Try not to stress. If you've done everything you can do in terms of water quality then it's up to him.

RayLovesNemos
11/21/2004, 08:03 PM
i just did a water change today and tried at least to feed him. didnt take food just got stuck on those sticky tranparent strands and floated off. kinda shiveled right now. hope it gets better