PDA

View Full Version : Westchester Reefers

clavery
11/21/2004, 11:29 AM
Just found you guys on reef central. we're from westchester but have been driving north to the fish barn for most of our stuff - the vendors down our way seem far more expensive and not as friendly, informative as Ed.

We are a reefing couple - husband started his tank and, of course, I had to add my two cents, so now we have his and her tanks. His is about 7 months old now (75 gallon bow front) but of course he's looking to get a bigger tank (bigger is better, right guys?). I have a 70 gallon - going on about five months now. Mostly softies and LPS, husband is focussing on SPS.

Would love to hook up with some local fellow reefers. Let me know how to join and what the deal is with the meetings.

Thanks.

Cheryl

skearse
11/21/2004, 11:35 AM
Hi. When you get a chance, check out our hompage at www.hvreef.org. And welcome!!!

masterswimmer
11/21/2004, 02:45 PM
Hi Cheryl,
Ditto on the welcome and the link to our website.

Russ

clavery
11/21/2004, 09:00 PM
Thanks. Just registering now. I'll add a post to the newcomers board once i'm approved.

can't wait to get to know you guys.

cheryl

nine9d
11/22/2004, 10:42 AM
Your account should be set and ready to go. Come and join the chat! Thanks.

foxstop
11/22/2004, 08:09 PM
Welcome!
Hope you enjoy our friendly crew!

Brian

Sanlynn
12/04/2004, 11:36 AM
Hi,
We're also in Westchester - Ossining/Yorktown area to be more specific. I have a LFS that I really like in Elmsford, though it's not a fancy store, the proprietor has given us excellent advice on set-up and livestock. For now we're also using his service for water changes and his staff is really really nice. I intend on taking this over soon and I'm going to miss their visits.

We're new to this hobby - since September -it was supposed to be my husband's interest while I'm into our other pets or should I say pests;) . However, within a short time it became my overriding interest - and I'm the one who takes care of it day-to-day and chooses the new livestock as we build it up.

Our tank is 150 gallons with an EPS protein skimmer and houses 13 fish and a growing community of soft , leather and lps corals; as well as one wandering anemone and a tube anemone.

We'd love to get together with other reef hobbyists. Thanks for the link - we'll register and look forward to chatting with you.

masterswimmer
12/04/2004, 06:32 PM
[welcome]

Nice to have you aboard Sanlynn. We have our little world over in www.hvreef.org Please feel free to join us there.

Russ

foxstop
12/04/2004, 07:47 PM
Ditto.
Welcome and I hope you like our happy group:D

Brian

Melbourne
12/12/2004, 10:45 PM
Hi,

I'm in Somers, NY pretty close to you. Interested in attending a meeting / frag swap also.

-Mike

masterswimmer
12/12/2004, 11:56 PM
Hey Mike,
Glad you found our site. Look forward to seeing you at one of our meetings.

Russ

nine9d
12/13/2004, 11:08 AM
Wow! All these new people. Welcome, welcome, welcome!