PDA

View Full Version : PH during curing

Attreui
11/21/2004, 12:23 AM
I am working on my first tank and after what seems like endless amounts of reading here, am finally curing my first batch of live rock. I am having a real hard time keeping my PH up! Is PH critical during the curing process? Is it normal for it to drop so quickly? I have been curing for almost a week and can't keep it much above 8.0 (and that is using buffer). The water that goes in during changes is right on the money at 8.3. Is there something I should be doing?

Thanks

Steve

Konadog
11/21/2004, 12:56 AM
Steve, don't worry about chasing numbers during the curing process. Let the tank do its thing at this time and in a month, then start checking. All you will do now is waste a bunch of $$ and chemicals.

Try this, sit back and enjoy any life you see come out of your rocks and just add top off water (free) :) The expensive part comes later.

bean3178
11/21/2004, 11:47 AM
I used uncured LR to cycle my tank. pH was always low and I didn't bother trying to adjust it. Once the cycle had completed, I began adding Superbuffer dKH to get my KH within the proper range. Then, my pH followed and I have never had a problem since.

Attreui
11/21/2004, 02:40 PM
Awesome, thanks guys, one less headache and worry for a newbie!