PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near Bourbonnais?

DougSupreme
11/20/2004, 08:16 PM
I'm looking for like minded reefers near Bourbonnais/Kankakee. I'm sorta in between where CMAS ends and CIMA starts (or the other way around if you prefer). Just looking for someone kinda local to converse with. Guess I'm looking for a friend. :)

rick rottet
11/20/2004, 09:28 PM
I am about 45 minutes south of Kankakee. Welcome.

DougSupreme
11/20/2004, 09:42 PM
thanks. just trying to find people locally who are willing to share knowledge..(and frags) :) I'm just starting out, with a 120T. I only have 2 occ. clowns after about 8 months of having a wet tank. I've already lost a LMB. DAMN.

Well, there's my little bio. Thanks for the reply and the welcome.

epon
11/20/2004, 10:05 PM
If you plan to make it to the meeting at Davids on the 11th I could get you some frags of zoanthids, xenia, and green star polyps atleast depending on what lights are you running over the 120g.

hcs3
11/21/2004, 04:14 AM
welcome to CIMA. my parents just bought a home in manteno so i pass by your area every so often. i'm not too knowledgable of the area, though, as i grew up in the chicago suburbs.

joining us on december 11th would be a great way to meet some of the down state reefers and an excellent way to get in on some frag trades or sales.

if you'd like to get on our e-mail list, drop me an e-mail at henry@cimaonline.us

henry

DougSupreme
11/21/2004, 12:35 PM
I'm running dual 250W SE MH over my tank right now. I plan on adding 2x54W T5s at a later date, hopefully not too much later.

I already got a nice little frag of Xenia from Yznhmr. I'm getting ready to set up a 'fuge so I'm going to be in the market for some chaeto.

epon
11/21/2004, 12:40 PM
since you have MH I also have some monti caps and a few acros yo might be interested in, lmk if you're going to make the meeting and we can talk details if you're interesed.

BOTR
11/22/2004, 08:12 PM
I live about 30 minutes north of ya. Make my way out to Kankakee on a pretty regular basis during the summer.

lglamb
11/22/2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by DougSupreme
I'm looking for like minded reefers near Bourbonnais/Kankakee. I'm sorta in between where CMAS ends and CIMA starts (or the other way around if you prefer).

So what you're saying is, you're in the perfect position
to pick and choose the best of both! :)

...and just so happens, Dec 11 at David's is one of
CIMA's best. It's just a pure coincidence that Philo's
water tower drained dry when David was filling his
tank. Yeah, right.

Lowell