PDA

View Full Version : One last thought on Logos

Nagel
11/22/2001, 01:49 PM
Ok, after reading Roberts reply to another thread in here, I have come up with this idea. We are in need of a logo for several reasons: Taglines, use on the website, and shirts/business cards. Robert has a friend working on a design, and I thought that if we broke it down to three designs, we may better use the resources at hand.

For example, Robert pointed out that full color designs do not transfer well, are expensive, etc... and I can say, I KNOW WHAT HE MEANS! My business partner and I have been trying out every way known to man to print up full color shirts, and so far no successes. They always crack, and eventually peel. We have one last idea (he's gonna buy a hot iron press, and special papers for transfer) and that wont be happening till spring of next year anyway (besides, its over $200 so its not eally an option I wanted to swing at you guys anyway, if it works, I'm more then happy to do them for cost, if not, its only my companies loss).

So here's what I propose:

Three designs, one for taglines and business cards, one for shirts, and one for the website. Broken down as follows:

Taglines and business cards: Obviously we must adhere to RC's rules regarding tagline image sizes (175 pixels and 20k size). This presents a challenge in getting clarity out in such a tiny file, but you can be relatively colorful here without any loss of quality. Also, the small file for the tagline is perfect for putting on a business card. And Inkjet printers can print decent cards (we're a club, not a corporation, we don't need the fanciest cards, heck, we could almost print all of our own at our homes I'm sure)

T-shirts: Something like Uri's submission in the logo thread is perfect for this application. More line-art, not a full color photo type of logo. And I could see most of those logos transferring well to a shirt.

Website: This logo can take advantage of being able to be more colorful and detailed, and size is also not as much of an issue here. This is the all-out, full color and detail logo.

So we come up with three designs for three applications

Any thoughts on this?

Rovert
11/22/2001, 02:20 PM
Agree. I alluded to that in my post. Different designs for different purposes makes sense. Besides, it gives each of us a choice of what we want to use. Some may like fancy, some may like simple. This way, we cover all bases.

katspaw
11/22/2001, 03:05 PM
John And I were discussing this earlier today. He said something about it to me. And I think that it is a great idea. I do have a epson photo EX printer at work, it prints with 5 colors and black. So biz cards are easy for me to print up. I even have programs in that computer for just that. :) Erik great idea. I agree.

Tracey