PDA

View Full Version : ICH confusion

RBU1
11/19/2004, 06:42 AM
OK I can not understand this. Why would two newly introduced clown fish get ich in my main display but the third clown that was in the tank prior to the two new additions be fine. The clown that was in the tank prior to the two that got ich has and is still looking and eating good. It has been over a week since the others got ich. At least I think it was ich. They came down with it the day after I put them in the tank. Any thoughts??????

TealCobra
11/19/2004, 08:03 AM
It is possible that your original Clown has a partial immunity to Ich and it was present before the addition of the new fish. Of course the new fish could have introduced the Ich to the system as well and your original fish still may have partial immunity. I would try and put them into QT to treat them.

RBU1
11/19/2004, 02:40 PM
Well unfourtuately both the clowns that came down with the ich died. So all I have left is the clown that never was bothered with it. That is the part I can not understand. Within 1 day of putting the new clowns in the main display they came down with what I think was ich. I did a fresh water dip and put them in the QT. They both died in the QT. I left the original clown in the main display. It has been over a week and he still show's no signs of ich.

TealCobra
11/19/2004, 03:17 PM
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like the new Clowns already had Ich if they died that quickly. Just an FYI, freshwater dips are not effective against Marine Ich.