PDA

View Full Version : Will you attend the January swap meet?

coralreefing
11/16/2004, 11:21 AM
We need to get an idea of how many people will attend so we can reserve a properly sized room. Also if you would be willing to pay admission to have a speaker or would you just rather meet & trade?

Jason Williamson
11/16/2004, 12:35 PM
I will be there and so will my friend.Just let us know when and where.

thanks, jason

ol'salty
11/16/2004, 02:26 PM
well, I'm not a member as of yet, (will be in January) but I would like to attend.

coralreefing
11/16/2004, 03:53 PM
I should have posted more info. The swap meet will be open to everyone. We are planning to have it in Chattanooga & expect people from Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama & maybe more.

foggy54
11/16/2004, 04:49 PM
very strong probably.

greystreet41
11/16/2004, 06:12 PM
can someone clarify if the swap indicates swapping only and not purchasing frags?

imsqueak
11/16/2004, 06:57 PM
After thoughts on the poll; maybe you should have worded:
Would attend as swap only but not if admission
Would attend regardless if admission/speaker or not
Would attend and prefer a speaker
Thought being, how many of those that only want to trade would be chased away if there was admission? That may skew your numbers when looking at how many would attend. Since the poll has started, I guess those who wouldn't attend if admission would just post that, you would be able to keep a head count.
Also(sorry) if you knew the ball-park of the admission ~ I know "cost divided by attendees" but maybe say if 30=$X if 40=$Y if 50=$Z.

Just some thoughts, don't mean to complicate it...

easttn
11/16/2004, 07:12 PM
Is there another place folks can work out "pre-trades", particularly SPS? I'll make the 3+ hour drive if I can get a sense what others have to trade. JMO I can take or leave a speaker, depends on the subject.
Charles

rcmike
11/16/2004, 07:18 PM
I would like to come. On the speaker subject I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee. I think it will probably depend on who the speaker is also as to how many will come for that.

fishdoc11
11/16/2004, 07:46 PM
I voted that I would definately come for the trade. As far as a speaker I could give or take on that part. To be honest I would be more than happy just to talk to and meet alot of new people and see people I haven't in a while. Along with of course looking at all the corals and trading etc....

As far as just trading I plan on bringing corals to trade and sell. I agree that we should start another thread to work out what people want etc... where we can but I will probably bring a few extra frags(if I have any) just to see what happens. I have shown up a couple of times without extra frags and people have wondered what I had they could buy.

thanks, Chris

KwajRocks
11/16/2004, 07:52 PM
Maybe people could post what they have and/or what they are looking for. . . at any rate, count me in and my two kids, maybe hubby too. Thanks all for organizing this!

SITNLOWDOWN
11/16/2004, 08:38 PM
I KNOW IM NOT IN YOUR CLUB BUT I THINK IT WOULD BE BETTER TO HAVE JUST FRAGS AND EQUIPMENT SWAP MAYBE AN AUCTION IF ANYONE HAS EXTRA STUFF PLUS EVERYONE TO CHAT

Richard Tester
11/16/2004, 09:24 PM
I would love to get in on the trade/swap meet -- The speaker I don't really care -- I don't have much to bring a trade but I would love to show up a buy some. Mainly SPS

Charles, we'll carpool if ya want.

goodfortune
11/16/2004, 10:10 PM
Chattanooga, here we come! Keep me/us posted.

- Michael

SITNLOWDOWN
11/16/2004, 10:15 PM
IM TRYING TO KEEP EVERYONE POSTED IN THE ATL REEF CLUB THERES ONLY A FEW PEOPLE SEEM INTRESTED IN IT LOL SENT YOU AN EMAIL GOODFORTUNE

llpoolej
11/16/2004, 10:45 PM
I would be interested. As long as I can get my freakin tank back to stable again. I like speakers, but I also like to talk and mingle. I guess I am easy to please.

Maybe a thread with a pre trade so that we could have an idea of what will be there.

gflat65
11/16/2004, 11:21 PM
I'll be there:). As for the speaker, I feel a lot like fishdoc. I would pay depending on how many will be splitting the cost and who the speaker is, but meeting new people (fellow addicts) would be fun, too.

reewik
11/16/2004, 11:49 PM
I would say this is a buy and trade deal. You do not have to have frags to get frags. I hope everyone agrees.

coralreefing
11/17/2004, 08:19 AM
Hi Squeak
I agree, this was a tough one to word. Also the variables like who the speaker is & how much $ could make a huge difference. The main focus here was to see how many people want to come so we don't over or under plan. Secondary was general interest in a speaker & so far it looks like most people would rather just meet & trade. I'll give it a couple days before we toss the idea though.

coralreefing
11/19/2004, 04:00 PM
Bob
The meet will be in Chattanooga Jan. 15, 2005 on the UTC campus. The poll shows that primary interest here is in the swap meet, so I think we'll hold off on a speaker for this event. This is our first regional event & we probably should keep it simple so we have time to meet & talk to as many people as possible. If you & your friend would like to come meet with us that would be great & we could talk about future events & possibly setting up speakers for them.

Angela Short
12/13/2004, 02:10 AM
Hello everyone!!
I live in the Nashville area and am so looking foward to meeting other reefers in my area other than the local fish store guys! I am planning on attending the meet and getting to know you guys. Do I have to be a club member to come? How do you become a member and what does that entail?

Angela

reewik
12/13/2004, 08:40 AM
Welcome to the forum. You can go to our site at www.mtrc.org and download an application. We meet every month. ( no you do not have to come every month) In January fees will be due again and they should be around $20.00 for the year. We really do have a great time and have a ton of knowledge in this club.

As far as the meeting go and the frag / meeting in January. Anyone is invited. You do not have to have corals to trade you can buy or just look if you like.