PDA

View Full Version : ok so....

the Undone guy
11/16/2004, 02:44 AM
my refugium broke tonight again. The damn thing started leaking under one of the internal walls making the water level between the refugium and the sump part to equalize, which means that the refugium level drops when it starts to evaporate.

So im going to pull it out and seal it up....and wala the back glass cracks again. So i pull out my 10 gallon aquarium, and stick the refugium guts (sand, rock, water) in it, and put a filter/heater/light in and get it rocking up.

so the display is left with 50 gallons of water, 70lbs of live rock, one maxijet1200 powerhead, and a duetoo 100gph filter with nothing but carbon running in it.....how long do you think this system can hold together with:

1 - chromis
1 - rainfords goby
1 - bicolor
1 - flame angel
xenia + zoo's
1 - zebra eel.

the next few days will be very very busy for me and it'll be tough to get the refugium rebuilt with new glass and thicker silicon so im just hoping i can keep the display healthy in the mean time as long as the water is circulating. any advice is appritiated! thanks!

LVfishguy
11/16/2004, 09:08 AM
I think that you will be okay for a couple of days. Just move one of those pumps up the the top so you can get the surface breaking to keep the O2 sats up.

the Undone guy
11/16/2004, 12:17 PM
thanks chris, everyone is doing ok so far!