PDA

View Full Version : sick rose tip anemone

bigd51015
11/15/2004, 07:52 PM
i have a rose tip anemone and about a couple days after i got it, it was doing good. but after that it was wandering on my glass and got cought in my rio pump which i thought i had covered good with some sponge and i found about 2-3 1/2 inch peices in my aquarium and i took them out and made a water change to get any toxins that might have gotten into the water and bought new better lighting and now all my water chemistry is alright. its been about a month since then and i can see new tenticals appearing where it was damaged but the thing is is that it is still pretty much in the same spot it has been in since the accident happened and that is pretty close to the water line for my aquarium and whenever i do water changes i go about an inch er 2 and i was wandering if this is bad. i am afraid the anemone is to weak to move. its base is kinda brown and the tenticals are barely inflated the way they used to be, but other wise it seems fine. what are some things i can do for it to regaine its strength or is there a way i can move it to the rockwork?

gflat65
11/15/2004, 08:39 PM
Trying to move an anemone usually results in more harm than good. Being that it is on glass, you might be better off than on rock, but I'd leave it where it is. It'll move to find its own little cozy place. If you're not leaving it uncovered for an extended period of time during water changes, I think it'll be fine in that aspect. Does it eat? What do you feed it? Try soaking in Selcon if not already doing so (I should be a Selcon rep:)). I had a baby crawl into a PH a little over a week ago and it has almost fully recovered. If I read your post correctly, it sounds like you have made some changes to the tank recently (lighting, etc.). The anemone may just need more time to adjust to being chewed alive and blinded. IME, they are pretty hardy, given the right conditions. If its been hanging in there for a month and is showing new signs of growth, it may be on its way back.

bigd51015
11/15/2004, 08:49 PM
it does eat cocktail shrimp and misid shrimp