PDA

View Full Version : Aquadesignz has a red polyp monti

hammerhead
11/11/2004, 06:45 PM
Aquadesignz has a nice frag of Montipora sp. Bright Purple Skeleton with intense Orange/RED polyps! if anyone is looking.

bookfish
11/11/2004, 07:21 PM
ok, how about the link and price?-Jim

bookfish
11/11/2004, 07:22 PM
inflated pricing.-Jim

hammerhead
11/11/2004, 07:36 PM
Atlantis has a 1/4" frag for 80$ I would consider it a better deal at aquadesignzs. Where can you get it for cheeper then Aquadesignz

bookfish
11/11/2004, 08:58 PM
-Jim

hammerhead
11/11/2004, 10:24 PM
frags.org 1/2-1" 80$. There are some there that want trade only.

GreshamH
11/11/2004, 10:30 PM
Were is Aquadesignz located?

hammerhead
11/11/2004, 10:42 PM
I have no idea.

I found them

There in Irvine Ca.

GreshamH
11/11/2004, 10:50 PM
Ahh, website, I get it. I thought it was a store around here that I didn't know about.

bookfish
11/16/2004, 12:40 PM
Last night a local reefer came back from the Encino swap and dropped with me.... wait for it.... this exact monti.
I must admit that it's stunning. Certainly one of the nicest danae color morphs I've seen. Still pricey but after seeing the piece I'm impressed.-Jim

cyclgrl
11/16/2004, 01:36 PM
Yes, I bought a small piece of the monti from Atlantis and I really like it.

TheMandarinFish
11/16/2004, 03:34 PM
No coincidence - I bought my tank from Anthony (aquadesignz.com). I don't think he had even fragged it yet - I was there when he broke it up, and he sent me with pieces to the frag swap in Encino to drop off at his friends' table.

I ran into another BAR member there, and let him know what was in the box before I opened it... so he got first crack and the 2nd largest piece.

See? There are serious advantages to being a member of BAR, and I had to look out for fellow clubbers. I may have started slow, but I'm not such a bad officer. :D

I thought you would like that piece, Jim.

Now you see why I called immediately when I was able to obtain the frag.

Anthony at Aquadesignz.com is a nice guy. He has some incredible corals too.

73ChargerFan
11/16/2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by TheMandarinFish
[B]No coincidence - I bought my tank from Anthony (aquadesignz.com).
Which tank?

TheMandarinFish
11/16/2004, 04:01 PM
I got a 7 foot by 30" deep by 20" tall.

Biiiiiiig tank. Eurobraced, with built in external overflow box, with silent overflows built in too.

Very, very nice. Cheap, too. I just had to go to LA to get it, but got to see an old friend and got to go to the Encino frag swap.

It was mindblowing. I will make a full report to the BAR BOD at the next meeting, if you guys give me the time. I got some ideas from them....

greg65
11/16/2004, 04:23 PM
Jake,

Thanks for giving me the shot at that danae.

iT REALLY is a nice specimen....one of the better ones Ive seen........ I bought another one while at that swap, and it doesnt compare to the color.

I would agree their swapmeet/fleamarket swap-whatever- is definetely a different atmosphere.

A local "get-together" SPS event up here would be awesome to put in place.

I could NOT believe the amount of people and frags crammed into/on/outside/front/back of this guy's house there was---------->and the amount of beer ! :^)

What a coinkydink to run into you down their Jake. Ha

-greg-

73ChargerFan
11/16/2004, 05:04 PM
Jake, yes, I've seen that tank, the most amazing thing ever!

Er, if you haven't set it up, do you want to pass it along? :D

hammerhead
11/16/2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by TheMandarinFish
No coincidence - I bought my tank from Anthony (aquadesignz.com). I don't think he had even fragged it yet - I was there when he broke it up, and he sent me with pieces to the frag swap in Encino to drop off at his friends' table.

I ran into another BAR member there, and let him know what was in the box before I opened it... so he got first crack and the 2nd largest piece.

See? There are serious advantages to being a member of BAR, and I had to look out for fellow clubbers. I may have started slow, but I'm not such a bad officer. :D

I thought you would like that piece, Jim.

Now you see why I called immediately when I was able to obtain the frag.

Anthony at Aquadesignz.com is a nice guy. He has some incredible corals too.

I agree I have been getting alot of stuff from him lately. He has the best colors right now. He always throws in a free frag of Zoa's too.

bookfish
11/16/2004, 05:58 PM
I find it incredibly coincidental that I was involved in a thread about that very strain from that very source and then you bring some by. But that's just me.-Jim

kaisersoze
11/19/2004, 03:38 AM
i agree! anthony's monti is just about the sickest( encrusting monti) i've ever seen, other than that rainbow floating around here and there. i need one...

TheMandarinFish
11/19/2004, 11:49 AM
Anybody who wants one better get ahold of Anthony at aquadesignz.com pretty quick.

I was there when he fragged that monti up, and he most have broken a good 75% of the colony into pieces.

Of them, Greg65 and I got the biggest ones.

SoCal reefers took the rest at the Encino frag swap last weekend. It sold like wildfire. I was only there maybe an hour and the whole batch was gone.

It's so bright, I could see it in the unlit garage Anthony was storing it in. I'm not kidding. Buy it now if you want it.

Believe me, I'm not selling my piece and I doubt Greg sells his.

I can't wait to set up the new system. I may go with zeovit. Sorry Anthony, after what I went through to go to LA to get that 7 foot monster, I'm not selling it either. :)

No one understood why I would go so far to get that tank. I paid about 35% of what it would cost new, *IF* I was even able to get the external overflow box built in, and then I would still have to put the silent plumbing in it anyway. I loooooove that tank.

So much that I'm having Greg build a super-duper nice stand and canopy for it.

jnichols
01/19/2005, 12:15 PM
Here is a question a little off subject. But am I the only one that notices that almost anything good is sold to Paul!!! Is this wierd?

plankton
01/19/2005, 02:13 PM
If you decide to purchase stuff from Anthony, just make sure you pick up and don't have it delivered. There is no question he gets good stuff (must have the connections), but box/shipping is another topic... I like what he calls his 'purple/blue a.gomesi'.

Scott