PDA

View Full Version : GSM question

Chris777
11/10/2004, 01:29 PM
I have a few questions I have had my GSM clowns for awhile now and they have always dug but now its becoming to much its making rocks shift and fall out from where they where. What can i do to get them to stop digging. Also they where never very mean besides for when the female would be bossing the male around and what not but now she is getting mean with most of them doing the pushing and chasing away from where she has dug. When before she wasnt do you know why she is only now starting to get mean?

ezhoops
11/10/2004, 01:38 PM
probably getting ready to spawn. Digging is a problem and that's why I had to sell my pair. I tried moving their anenome to an area with large rocks. Get them to hang out somewhere where there isn't sand nearby. They will most likely still dig, its in there blood

clown fanatic
11/10/2004, 02:55 PM
id consider moving the rocks that are in danger of falling, try to get them out of the area where the female is digging, i wouldnt sell them. also do you have an anemone in your tank, i know when i added mine the female started getting REALLy territorial. well good luck

Chris777
11/10/2004, 02:58 PM
I wouldnt sell them. Also no i dont have a anemone in my tank.

zerocool2382
11/10/2004, 04:26 PM
I guess Ive been lucky my GSM dig here and there but nver causing rocks to fall. The pair sometimes will clear an area and Ill usually find them sleeping there that night. Best of Luck

Chris777
11/10/2004, 04:32 PM
Will its cause they are dieing all the way to the bottom glass then the rocks are sliding cause it has nothing to keep it up.

Joey French
11/10/2004, 04:35 PM
Have had good success with placing a large flat rock under their anemone, which they will keep squeaky clean. Mine dug to the glass bottom of both my tanks, before I did this.

thanh3k
11/12/2004, 06:37 AM
i agree with joey, mine used to dig to the glass but then i got fed up with the way it looked. i just went out and purchased a few flat pieces of rock and placed them under the anenome or nearby
HTH