PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

POSEDION
11/07/2004, 12:02 PM
I have a T-Derosa clam. He has been doing very well until the last couple of days. I had moved his spot in the aquarium to a new area, close to an anemone. The tentacles from the anemone was touching the mantle yesterday i notice, but the clam was still doing fine and seem not to be bothered by it.. This morning, i notices the tentacles touching once again, this time the portion of the mantle touched by the anenome is retracted. I moved the clam to a new location away from the anemone but that part of the mantle is still retracted. I also noticed some type of weird gray slug crawling on the shell that I removed. I have noticed that at night many of the slug type creatures come out and go on my glass. Will the clam be allright?

ReefRockerLive
11/07/2004, 12:58 PM
Do those slugs have a thin shell on them?
If so, then they benifit the tank by cleaning algae off the glass and some corals, even the shell from the clam.

ReefRockerLive
11/07/2004, 01:00 PM
Also, the clam my still be stressed from the anemone. I'd give it some time before it gets back to its original state.
You should also check to see if the mantle is broken, if it is then it's a sign that the anemone may have broken it which is going to kill the clam.

Wee Man
11/07/2004, 05:29 PM
could be flatworms

POSEDION
11/07/2004, 09:39 PM
when you say the mantle is broken, do you mean it might look ripped? or unattached from the shell? it does seem that the mantle is out now, but when it does try to close, it does appear that that portion it not connected to the mantle.

ReefRockerLive
11/07/2004, 09:50 PM
If the mantle is broken, as if, detached from the shell, it means that it is dying and there is nothing you can do about it at this moment.
Let's just hope that I'm wrong and it doesn't die on you.
Good Luck!

POSEDION
11/07/2004, 10:32 PM
so it is dying, even though it still looks pretty good overall?

ReefRockerLive
11/08/2004, 04:12 PM
Is there any way you can post a picture of it so we can determine what is going on with it?
Also, please take a picture of the shell.
Thanks