PDA

View Full Version : Are my Perc's retarded?

DrBDC
11/03/2004, 10:30 PM
All they do is swim up and down the corner of my tank in the back behind the spray bar and in front of the overflow housing. Up and down as a pair. They are real young and got them from a LFS that must've had 3 dozen in there.
If I come up at night with a flashlight, they they are still going up and down, slower though. They get distracted some and will end up somtimes on on the other side of the skimmer/overflow housing, seperated from each other for awhile but not long. They have been in a week and a half and I don't think they've explored the tank except when I tried to coax them to a bta I have. Then straight back to the back corner. No other fish with them but a mandarin goby. Do I need another fish to maybe make them move around some? They see food and eat it. Don't look unhealthy in anyway but very happy doing the same thing w/o stopping.

pdpreef
11/04/2004, 01:28 AM
I got a GSM about a week and a half ago and it was doing the same thing until I got her a Bubble tip anemone and now she wont leave the thing.

Ti
11/04/2004, 03:48 AM
funny how almost everyone has at least one stupid clown complaint.
I have mine too.
ha ha ha

StinkyNappy
11/04/2004, 03:52 AM
hows the current in the tank??

DrBDC
11/04/2004, 06:47 AM
mag 9.5 main return through spray bars, and 2 maxijet 1200's. They do the same even when I turn the pumps off though.

DrBDC
11/04/2004, 07:17 AM
But they don't know if they're in a 10 gallon or 10000 gallon tank from what I can tell.

luceneck
11/04/2004, 07:43 AM
I got a pair of percs just yesterday who do the same thing. Up and down in the same spot. Just like they are saying....

yes
yes
yes

I guess I gotta go find a good bubble to get them to stop.