PDA

View Full Version : Watchman/Pistol Shrimp question

xkevin1x
10/30/2004, 08:39 PM
I have a candy cane pistol shrimp and a Yellow Watchman Goby together in a 30 gallon tank. I just introduced them this last week. My question is, are they always symbiotic? They don’t seem to have interacted at all. Both stay on opposite sides of the tank, and I don’t really see much of either one of them. Is there anything that I can do to encourage interaction? I love both of them, but the point of the purchase was to get them to interact. Ideas? Anyone else had these two that didn’t pair up?

Kevin

benonmsn
10/30/2004, 09:01 PM
maybe they havnt "met" yet..

trrogers2
10/31/2004, 08:05 AM
Unfortunantly I don't think there is any gurantee that they will eventually match up. We bought a pair, tiger pistol and orange spotted goby and the goby didn't make it. We replaced the goby and the two paired up right away, so we got lucky. Unless they are already paired up when you buy them though, I don't think there is anything you can do to make them interact, just have to wait and see what happens...... Good luck!

mr_alberta
10/31/2004, 09:28 AM
I'm not familiar with a Candy Cane Pistol...are you sure that this is one of the Pistol Shrimp that pair up with Gobies? I know not all Pistols pair up with Gobies, so you might want to make sure first.

HTH.

xkevin1x
10/31/2004, 12:45 PM
Sorry, my error- Candy Stripe Pistol Shrimp.