PDA

View Full Version : another stocking question-60 gal

pongo
10/28/2004, 11:40 PM
ok, from what ive read, these are compatible fish and fit into the parameters of how and what i want ot feed my fish. i will be stocking a 60 gal reef and a 30 gal fish only. here we go, flame on...
perc clowns
fairy wrasse
blenny for algae
possum wrasse
spotted cardinal

blue or yellow tang.

im not planning on buying all these fish, this is the list im choosing from. suggestions for each tank would be appreciated.

nazzy_19
10/28/2004, 11:50 PM
Some would say a tang would be a little tight in a 60g. If you wanna keep one, I would suggest you either go with the yellow or the purple. The blue hippo tends to grow much bigger.

I would also put a small group of firefish, say like 3 of them in the reef. They would add some color to a reef.

As for food, I feed my fish varieties of food: squid, mysis, brine, bloodworms, chopped clam, formula 1 pellets, flakes. I chopped and mixed them ahead of time and I usually feed a small chunk, about the size of a finger nail, of those mixed food. And my fish seem to love it.

bertoni
10/29/2004, 12:23 AM
This book (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1890087386/reeflink/002-4054221-4836860) is a good investment for stocking decisions IMO.

The percula would be happy in either tank, but I think the fairy wrasses want more space. I personally wouldn't put a tang in either due to size considerations.

pongo
10/29/2004, 08:54 PM
well, i got the blenny tonight(for the 60). think i will go with the possum or foxface and perc clowns for the 60. how many clowns? not sure about the 30 yet...

bertoni
10/31/2004, 05:44 PM
Two is a good number, although you could add more if they're percula, perhaps. You might want to save your "fish volume" for other species. Joyce Wilkerson's book on clownfish is great, if you want more information on those species.