PDA

View Full Version : Percs with ICH Help

ronc98
10/27/2004, 06:34 AM
My true Percs have ich and not doing well.

I removed them stuck them in a QT tank. Lowered SG to 1.009 over about 8 hours. The first seemed to be doing ok for the first day. The second day they started to loose their color and float alot on the bottom of the tank. This morning one is still on the bottom while the other is more towards the top.

I did not treat for brook however I am thinking I should have. I doubt they can survive a Brook treatment at this point.

Not sure what to do next. It does not look like their white spots are going away.

Any suggestions.

keefsama2003
10/27/2004, 07:07 AM
if the slime coat is comming off i would think you would need to treat if all it is you haveis sluggish movements and sitting on the bottom make sure that hey are still eating and just give them time to adjust they were just moved and already stressed which caused the ich. just make them happy make sure the water quality in the QT stays top quality and that they are in fact eating then just give it time i had ich in my tank and didnt have a QT big enough for my tangs and fish so i just made sure the WC was pristine and that i fed them enough and in a few weeks it was gone and hasnt come back . just take your time and make sure everything stays good in the tank and you should be ok

ronc98
10/27/2004, 07:25 AM
They both ate well when I stuck them in. It was a little strange the first day. I went and checked on them and they were both wedged under the heater and no movement. I thought they were both dead. Well as soon as they saw me they moved out and started swimming. They ate well then too. Last night they ate well. It is just this morning they do not look so well.

Since one is at the top of the tank should I try a form treatment? or will the hypo-sal help releive brook as well. They do look like they are breathing hard.

ronc98
10/27/2004, 08:59 AM
Update! The one that looks the worse is eating th best. I did a 25 percent water change this morning because the NH3 was getting above 0.5. I am picking up NH3 lock at lunch time today.

keefsama2003
10/27/2004, 09:53 AM
sounds promising but make sure not to over medicate the water or the fish we dont want anything to go bad with them. just watch them now and be patient.

ronc98
10/27/2004, 04:52 PM
Update 10-27-04 PM. The clowns do not look better. They still look whitish but I am not sure it is white spots. Looks more like a film. I can say they are eating better. The one that looks the worse is eating very good the female is not eating much but will eat a few bites. Breathing rate is still a little high however it seems to be getting better. Look at my gallery for pics of the fish.

One a final note, they tend to hang out in the bottom of the tank alot, resting on the bottom and sometime almost on their side. During feeding time they are active and swim fine. I am wondering if their behavior is just normal. After all clown fish are not great swimmers after all.

ronc98
10/27/2004, 05:17 PM
You know it does look like he has some fuz on their heads. Right around where the first white strip is and one eye is fogged over since yesterday. For that I am treating with metafix along with the hyposalinty 1.009 at 80 degress.

keefsama2003
10/27/2004, 05:27 PM
you may want to also try a freshwater dip and treat for brook better safe than sorry but make sure not to over medicate them.

ronc98
10/28/2004, 09:12 PM
Well it has been almost 5 days and they really do not look like they are getting better. In fact maybe worse. I did a form bath and they just layed on their sides. They have been laying on their sides most of the time. When it is time to eat they do eat. I guess now is a waiting game.

Does anyone have input on behavior during a hypo treatment?

keefsama2003
10/29/2004, 07:59 PM
have you tried fresh water dip also?