PDA

View Full Version : At Last.....

slojmn
09/09/2000, 12:11 AM
The moment finally arrived tonight. I put the whole system together and poured water into my 120g tank and 30g sump. I plugged it all in and after about two hours of fiddling and taking care of a few leaks it all seems to be running smoothly. I had difficulty with my return pump draining my sump to quickly and surging back into the tank. this wreaked havoc with my standpipes and caused the flushing sound non stop. I cut back bit by bit on my return pump with the gate valve that I installed between the pump and the tank and finally got it dialed so all is balanced. I also drilled a larger hole in the Durso standpipe. It seems to be working well now. I hated to have to cut back on the return pump as it is not pressure rated. It is an Iwaki 30 rxlt. I'm hoping it is not enough to cause any long term problems. What do you all think?

The live rock should be arriving early next week, the sand is here and waiting to go in. I'm extremely happy to be at this point. It sure has been a lot of very satisfying work :). I look forward to slowly building a glorious piece of the ocean :D

Fire*Fishy
09/09/2000, 04:48 AM
howdy slojmn!

congrats on getting your new tank! i'am hopeing to get my 120 tank this week and set it up soon after, then ill be realy happy too :)

slojmn
09/09/2000, 08:47 AM
Fire, I had to wait four weeks just to get my AGA tank delivered to the lfs where I ordered it. A long wait, but seems to be worth it. Let me knowhow it goes with your setup.