PDA

View Full Version : Angel Keepers! What foods do you feed?

sixxer
10/19/2004, 10:31 AM
I am just curious to see what everyone is feeding their Angels, in particular I am curious what you are using as a substitute for Sponge in the diet.

Right now I have my Angels eating - Mysis, Brine, Nori(they love it!), Formula One Angel Mix, Sallys Angel & Butterfly Mix. and throw in a little Squid once in awhile.

ToUcHoFeLeGaNcE
10/19/2004, 12:07 PM
by blue face gets brine,squid strips, marine flakes, krill, Formula one angel.

Jeremy Blaze
10/19/2004, 03:28 PM
I feed my juvi. Asfur, Marine Cuisine, Frozen Brine, Mysis, all soaked in garlic, and New Life Spectrum Pellets , cyclopeze

geofloors
10/19/2004, 03:57 PM
PE mysis, prime reef, mega marine angel, angel formula, formula flakes and medicated pellets.

George

GreatBarrierReef04
10/19/2004, 06:37 PM
Formula1, Formula2, Angel Formula, Enriched Brine Shrimp, Live Brine Shrimp, Fresh Squid, Prime Reef, And once every coulpe of months I will purchase some Live Sponge for them....(A real treat..they love it..)

Later,
GBR:D

mr294
10/19/2004, 10:26 PM
I feed a variety of frozen foods including formula 1, formula 2, prime reef, ocean nutrition angel formula, mysis shrimp, spirulina enriched brine, omega 3 enriched brine, marine cuisine, and SFBB angel and butterfly formula. I also include red and brown algae sheets as well as all my zoanthids ;) :D

derrikd
10/19/2004, 10:37 PM
Formula1, Formula2, Angel Formula, marine cuisine, flake, algae, mine eat everything, and want them to get everything to keep their color, plus they are changing from juv to adult

chjay00
10/19/2004, 11:47 PM
Prime Reef Flakes, Spectrum, Angel Formula, Brine shrimp, and mysis shimp.

moonpod
10/20/2004, 12:49 PM
mysis and some macro. Occasionally something else.

proenca
10/20/2004, 05:38 PM
Nori, nori, nori, nori, nori, nori, nori, nori... all my angels are forced to eat nori and they do eat with gusto. Nori is the staple food for ALL creatures in my tank : even the cleaner wrasses loved it. Sohal, Naso, Zebrasoma Xanthurum / Flavcens / Desjardin, Asfur, Narvachus ... all these loved nori. Even my premnas spp. couple eat some once in a while.

Every two days I give red mosquito larvae to the tank which I prepare the day earlier or so : I pick a garlic head and a big lemon juice, put it the blender and take out 3 or 4 cubes of red larve and let it defrost, taking all of its icy water out.

Then put the larvae's in the garlic/lemon juice for marinate a day or too and serve to the tank.

All of them love and garlic and lemon act as powerfull antibiotics and strengethen their imuno system.

Well, at least this is how I do it.

AquaticFins
10/21/2004, 05:23 PM
Frozen foods: Cyclopeeze, Formula One, Formula Angel, Lifeline Green, Mysis shrimp.

Dried foods: Cyclopeeze flake, Formula One flake, Formula Two flake, Omega One flake, Spectrum pellets, TetraMin Pro flake, Wardley Algae wafers.

Live foods: Occasional brine, sponges, and whatever they find on the rocks.

Feeding occurs between four and six times a day, the foods are alternated.