PDA

View Full Version : The How Are You Doing Today Thread.

lebowski
10/18/2004, 10:16 AM
How is your day going so far?

:)

Crusty Old Shellback
10/18/2004, 10:36 AM
So far, So good. But then again, I just got to work. Either way, it's only 2 more weeks till my new bike gets shipped out from the factory and another week until I'l be out riding on my NEW Harley softail springer.:D

zenguitar
10/18/2004, 11:41 AM
Pretty good. Seems like it's going to be a lazy day at work, good for a monday.

Q-ball
10/18/2004, 12:10 PM
Tis a good day...

texasreefer
10/18/2004, 12:15 PM
Crazy, we are trying to do a start up on a gas plant.

Japheth
10/18/2004, 12:20 PM
stuffy head, runny nose, coughing, sore throat, chest hurting, been sick since last wednesday, the insurance my company just switched to won't cover anything until you pay in $1500 so I can't go to a doctor.

but I only have to work for 1 1/2 more hours today, I'm going to pick up my canopy I've been making now that the paint is dry and I'm going to install the lights in it tonight so in spite of being sick I think I'm still doing pretty good. :)

NwG
10/18/2004, 12:28 PM
wow I just woke up and all of you are at work or school..... looks like my day is going pretty good sofar! Looks like the cat had a wild party last night.

ginntonic74
10/18/2004, 01:51 PM
Sick, tired, Tired and sick sick and tired. Had to take a mis term today. God I hope i passed. Never take an exam while sick.

skippy2
10/18/2004, 02:12 PM
Nothing but stress. Actually, I have been stressed for a month. On Sept. 21 I decided I wanted to move to a better address. I signed a yrs. lease the same day. I still haven't sold my place and I have been living out of boxes that are stacked in my dining room. My move in date is Oct. 21. That is the day I am having the lfs move my 55g. On Fri. the cable guy will be there between 1-3. The only good thing about that is I will finally get rid of my dial up.
I ordered new furniture but that won't be delivered till Dec. sometime. I can't find a home for 2 of my cats.
You want me to go on??? Oh and the rent will be 3 times as much as I am paying now. Somebody shoot me.

pixburg-reefer
10/18/2004, 02:27 PM
um im doing really good! nothin to complain about here, my life is goin well, now downs for me :D i just got home from school, and im goin out later to make some money. so, my day is going very well. How is your day going?
Kelly

CrystalAZ
10/18/2004, 02:47 PM
(Stttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeettttttttttccccccccchhhh!)

I am doing good. Just woke up (It is wonderful to work at home!).

I have to go get dressed now to meet our personal trainer at the gym for upper body day. Depending on how mean he is today, I may not be having a good day the rest of the day. :D

Crystal

wizardgus®
10/18/2004, 03:10 PM
It is a swell day here indeed. I set off this morning with plans of doing nothing all day, and it appears that I will succeed. I LOVE it when I reach one of my goals. :D

blown63chevy, You're gonna love that bike. My brother got one a couple years ago. Wasn't sure about getting a Softail because he had a double laminectomy a couple years earlier, but it is so smooth it gives him no problems at all. He even put in a 1,200 mile day on it this summer. :D

RicksReefs
10/18/2004, 04:00 PM
hmmm, i'm in the process of moving out of my hurricane flooded,
moldy, wind torn rental house. the management company still
hasn't come to check it out, hasn't removed any of the 5 fallen
trees (which makes it difficult to mow, which gets you nastygrams
from the HOA, which gets you fines & leins, which gets my deposit
taken away). i think the mold is sucking the life force outa me,
my energy level is about the same as roadkill. my truck needs an
alignment, ball joints & new tires because i had to run over to
much hurricane debri. i have to tear down 22 tanks that died from
lack of power.....

but i woke up this morning, so life is good... :D

oz
10/18/2004, 04:31 PM
One more day of my life gone! tick tock, tick tock....

dinoman
10/18/2004, 05:09 PM
So far, so good. Been fogy and misting/raining here for 2 days so I didn't have to work today because my dad was tired of working in the rain (I basically work for my dad though get paid by someone else, so what he says goes). So I've been goofing off on the computer, and took some pictures in the fog.

-Dino-

Wilafur
10/18/2004, 05:17 PM
pretty good. its a mellow monday. no complaints. :D

Tahoe Ocean
10/18/2004, 05:17 PM
It's a great day! watching the snow fall, and carvin pumpkins with the kids!

xxaquanutxx
10/18/2004, 05:34 PM
yeah.. it was alright.. some pain in the butt customers and a co-worker who couldnt work his way outta paper bag. Went in to work half hour late, left 45 mins early... yup, its going to be a long week !:)

lebowski
10/18/2004, 05:52 PM
Tahoe Ocean- You've got snow already??

My day wasn't so bad.. The weather here is ugly, makes you sort of want to not live with these grey skies, cold... ererrrrrr...

I got out of school, got some after-school help for my Chemistry class, and then visited the bank to deposit my paycheck.. Ate some good ole' pierogi's and now am sitting here...

-this thread is a good idea... glad I thought of it.:D

64Ivy
10/18/2004, 05:55 PM
It's October in New England. Need I say more? :dance:

Tahoe Ocean
10/18/2004, 06:00 PM
Yup, we've got snow, but so do alot of other members (I think JoeyChitwood mentioned snow). Our's is just starting. Not sticking much yet, but supposed to have a few inches by tomorrow. I love it! Toasty warm inside, Snow outside, hot cocoa, and 2 kids climbing the walls for something fun-hence the pumpkin carving tonight.

lebowski
10/18/2004, 06:01 PM
hehe.. Sounds like winter!!!

skippy2
10/18/2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by skippy2
Nothing but stress. Actually, I have been stressed for a month. On Sept. 21 I decided I wanted to move to a better address. I signed a yrs. lease the same day. I still haven't sold my place and I have been living out of boxes that are stacked in my dining room. My move in date is Oct. 21. That is the day I am having the lfs move my 55g. On Fri. the cable guy will be there between 1-3. The only good thing about that is I will finally get rid of my dial up.
I ordered new furniture but that won't be delivered till Dec. sometime. I can't find a home for 2 of my cats.
You want me to go on??? Oh and the rent will be 3 times as much as I am paying now. Somebody shoot me.

Just as I hit the submit button for my little rant, the realator called to say my house is sold. The guy who is moving me came over with more boxes.
The best news I got just a little while ago. The pet rescue I called last week is coming on Wens. to get my 2 cats. So, ya, I am having a good night.

Wilafur
10/18/2004, 07:23 PM
you're giving up your cats? :(

slave-of-rock
10/18/2004, 07:28 PM
my day was great! got outta school and played our jv game :D, i didnt actually play i watched lol, we dont have to dress if were starting varsity, what school you go to lebowski?

skippy2
10/18/2004, 07:33 PM
Thanks. I already feel guilty enough. I can only have 1 in the new apt. and that is with a $300 deposit. The lady that is taking the cats sounds very responsible and places cats in homes all the time. It's not like they are going to the humane society. The 1 here only keeps any animal 3 days then they are euthanized.

Fat Man
10/18/2004, 07:50 PM
Busy week.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/incident/fred/images/fred_met1014_01w.jpg

For more Fred Fire (http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/incident/fred/)

Fat Man
10/18/2004, 07:57 PM
Geeze that pic was big.

RicksReefs
10/18/2004, 07:58 PM
ya, it is, i'm still scrolling right :D

Nina51
10/18/2004, 08:34 PM
despite a dreary, cold, rainy day here, i think overall it was pretty good. started a new job today, love it already! but came home tonight to a lame horse. think he has an abcess in his foot. horseshoer coming out in the morning to have a look. nothing serious, i'm sure. so, as long as i don't hit a deer this week, i think i'm gonna be just fine! nina;)

Tahoe Ocean
10/18/2004, 09:01 PM
Where were you when you took the pic of Fred's? My dad-in-law was fighting the Power fire, then got pulled off to go to Fred's. The power fire got within 3 miles of their house :eek1:

chiliaddik
10/18/2004, 09:11 PM
Hmmm...I don't think I better go there, it's 10pm already...ask me tomorrow....lol

TheBimbo
10/18/2004, 09:42 PM
Today is just like any other day... Crappy... Life stinks and I don't think the smell will go away... The only thing that gets me outta bed in the morning for the last 3 months is the kids... TheBimbo... Good thread by the way...

slave-of-rock
10/18/2004, 09:50 PM
sry to hear that thebimbo!!
ninapearl - what part of il are you in?

AllisonW
10/18/2004, 10:56 PM
Sounds like I have a lot in common with RicksReef...although I no longer have a reef at all.
On my new computer, bought to replace two that were Ivan casualties, in a room that has two other rooms of furniture shoved into it (and yes, you CAN type while standing, and positioned like an "S"). Still waiting for the adjustor, the roofers, the carpet guys, the guys who are pulling down the mildewed walls (inside and out), and explaining for the fourth time to a certain online university who snidely keeps wanting to know why I missed a couple of weeks of class..."BIG hurricane....NO power....NO internet....". I have a financial aid advisor who insisted for over 10 minutes that I would have to pay for the remainder of the course because I didn't fill out the waiver they e-mailed me. As I tried to explain that email was not available during the time she sent it to me (see BIG hurricane...above), she kept insisting that it was my fault for not filling out the proper paperwork.
After a while, you just have to laugh.
But I really, really miss my tank.

Nina51
10/19/2004, 07:00 AM
kaz, i'm in west central...between jacksonville and pittsfield. live in the boonies just a few miles from the illinois river, up in the bluffs.

i see you're up in the north country. any snow up there yet??

slave-of-rock
10/19/2004, 03:14 PM
no not yet, ill tell ya when there is :D

waterlily
10/19/2004, 04:28 PM
Pretty crappy. My daughter's doctor just called us with the results of the biosies she took yesterday. Looks like she has Crohn's pretty bad in most parts of her digestive tract. Now we need to decide if we should put her on tube feedings or steroids to induce remission. I'm pretty much shocked right now.

Fat Man
10/19/2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Tahoe Ocean
Where were you when you took the pic of Fred's? My dad-in-law was fighting the Power fire, then got pulled off to go to Fred's. The power fire got within 3 miles of their house :eek1:

I didn't take the picture it's off the forest web site. I was in a meeting in Placerville when it started.

Kyburz and Silverfork are still under mandatory evacuation. First the fire and now flash floods. All they need now is locusts, it's getting pretty biblical for them.

Tahoe Ocean
10/19/2004, 05:29 PM
My friend's husband was on his way to a meeting in Placerville when he came across the fire just after it started. He was one of the first on the scene, and my friend had the daylights scared out of her when the person he was supposed to meet called to say he hadn't showed.
Come Spring they will get some locusts.

Sorry for the temp. highjack..

Today it's snowing!

wizardgus®
10/19/2004, 05:36 PM
waterlily,
Really sorry to hear about that. That is a tough road to be sure. Although heartbreaking for a parent I'm sure, most of what I've read seems to indicate pretty good out come with treatment. My best hopes for you and your daughter.

TheBimbo
10/19/2004, 07:55 PM
waterlily:

I too am real sorry to hear what your little girl is going through... She and your family will be in my thoughts... TheBimbo

Nina51
10/19/2004, 08:22 PM
waterlily, sorry to hear about this. you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. nina

xxaquanutxx
10/20/2004, 04:31 PM
Well only 30 mins to go and Iam outta work. Gotto love RC for making my long day go by just a little bit faster!

Waterlilly-

I am trully sorry for your daughter. I know how tough it can be. My brother in law has crohns and he decided to take the steroids. He gained a lot of weight, but he is alive and well. he is managing to bring down his weight now and is pulling through. I hope things will look up for you and your family :)

lebowski
10/20/2004, 10:09 PM
waterlily- I hope god will provide you with warmth and comfort.. I'm sorry to hear this..:(

As for me, I'm off to sleep.. Just got back from working out.. My schedule for today was shoulders..

Yep.. Cleaned around the aquarium for a couple of minutes.. Filled up a gallon of RO/DI... I'm sitting here.. I'm gonna hop in bed and fall asleep to The Daily Show...

Goodnight!:)

slave-of-rock
10/20/2004, 10:22 PM
what school do you go to? im at crystal lake south, i lift to, today was my legs :D
im off 2 read my new zepplin book
night