PDA

View Full Version : Any LFS bad experiances?

butterfly_cheeks
10/08/2004, 12:35 AM
Where I live there are only three fish stores a Petco, and two private owned stores. No One knows anything about fish at any of these stores! Is it just my area with no good stores?

Nina51
10/08/2004, 09:07 PM
well i thought my lfs was a pretty good place. that is, until i posed the question to them "can i have any inverts with the fish i have?" they told me sure, a cleaner shrimp would be just ducky with my coral beauty angel, tomatoe clown and neon dottyback. okay, i'll bite...paid $28 for a cleaner shrimp. he was in the tank exactly 2 weeks before he came up missing legs. i posed the question on the "new to the hobby" forum here and was told that most likely my dottyback was making mincemeat out of my cleaner shrimp...

i trusted these guys to be honest with me, after all i was depending on THEM to advise me. so much for that! i ended up giving my shrimp to a friend with a reef tank. i settled on having a fish only tank with no inverts. not a problem for me but hey, it would have been nice had they told me that an invert wouldn't work in this tank. nina

dinoman
10/08/2004, 09:15 PM
The only LFS here in town used to be pretty good, but then the owner had a kid. Then after that he had twins, so he is getting stretched between family and business and the business is slowly going down hill.

-Dino-

beerguy
10/08/2004, 09:19 PM
[moved]

Cafetao
10/08/2004, 10:03 PM
I don't know of any quality stores in Southern Utah. If you are able to come up to Utah County, then there is a great store in Orem.

butterfly_cheeks
10/08/2004, 10:24 PM
What's the name of the store? I may just have to make a trip. Thanks!

Cafetao
10/09/2004, 02:41 PM
It's called Aquatica and is on 1200 S in Orem behind the 7-11