PDA

View Full Version : can i put nemo in this goldfish bowl?

nemofish2217
09/30/2004, 09:35 AM
whats up,
I work in the petsmart here in town....thank god that we don't sell salt water fish, and a while back this girl about 20 and her parents came and were lookin around. I saw them holding a goldfish bowl and figured they might want a betta or something. So, as we at petsmart are suppossed to do, i went up to her and asked her if she was finding everything okay, blah blah blah. Well, she asks me if we had any nemo fish in the store. I politely told her that we did not, and was about to send her to the private guy i get my fish and corals from, whose website is www.robsreef.com. But then something crazy happened. I asked her if she was going to put a betta in her bowl and she replied, " uh, no, i thought i could put a nemo in here, i mean, it is such a small fish." Well, i thought i was going to explode, but i kindly explained to her all about how the fish needed their space and their water to be a certain way...she had no idea what i was talking about. So, after i got done with my sermon, she looked at me and said, "are you sure i can't put a nemo in here?" Wow, talk about a rough day at the petstore. I'm sure she enventually went to another LFS, where nobody likes the owner, and got her nemo in her fish bowl. Sad sad story,lol

Saltz Creep
09/30/2004, 09:49 AM
If that's the only stupid customer you've ever encountered, consider yourself fortunate. I've worked in retail (not aquaria) for over 10 years and I'm totally burned out from them. There's nothing quite like trying to explain something to someone who just stands there looking at you and hasn't a clue as to what you're telling them.

See this thread:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=428350