PDA

View Full Version : Big Als Online

witowsks
09/29/2004, 11:11 AM
FYI:

I placed an order for lights thru BIG ALS ONLINE......recieved my order very quickly, which was nice, but it was the wrong product...so after calling them they said they would send out a return label for me to ship the item back and THEN they would send me out my correct shipment......well its been 12 days since my call to them and i just revieved the return label today.....just wanted to share my POOR experience with them before anyone else placed an order with them......

mhurley
09/29/2004, 11:36 AM
[moved]

wliang
09/29/2004, 11:44 AM
I used Big Al's a number of times and have been very happy with their prices and delivery. I never had to return anything before because the order has been what I wanted.

I probably order from them again in the future.

Try contacting them again and find out what the situation is. I would be interested to know.

Thanks.

witowsks
09/29/2004, 12:02 PM
i have called, the situation is they shipped me the wrong product, which was a product that was $70 more than what i had ordered, so i am saving them $70 by returning it, they said sorry and they will ship out my correct order when they recieve the one that they shipped out incorrectly, i even asked if they could expedite the order or anything and all i got was "sorry no "

Texas Dolly
09/29/2004, 12:21 PM
I would NEVER order from them again. I have had nothing but trouble with them over the years and stopped shopping there a bit back. I called them this week to get an invoice for a product I ordered in the past and they refuse to print it for me even though they admit they have it. The product is broken and the manufacturer is willing to replace with a copy of my invoice, that they won't give me. Now I guess I am screwed.

john rochon
09/29/2004, 12:37 PM
I'm not sure how it is in the US for BIG ALS but here in CA there kinda like a joke in the saltwater area and talk about exspensive!!!!!!!!!! I buy very little there.

cwbroden
09/29/2004, 09:23 PM
I've ordered from them many times with no issues. For what I have bought, they are almost always the cheapest.

spamin76
09/30/2004, 07:44 AM
I have ordered from them before - I did get a few defective product but they were very quick to replace them no questions asked. They really do not excel in saltwater stuff though. Prices were great.

Texas Dolly
09/30/2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by cwbroden
I've ordered from them many times with no issues. For what I have bought, they are almost always the cheapest.

how can they be the cheapest when all they do it match prices. At least 2 other stores will do beter than match they will BEAT the lowest price Big Gay ALs has.

dkh0331
09/30/2004, 10:08 AM
I've ordered from Big Al's several times. Never a problem and the products that I ordered were always cheaper than other online stores.

David

tygger
10/01/2004, 07:57 AM
I've ordered from them numerous times and have been very happy. They have a limited selection (compared to places like drsfostersmith), but generally prices are better.

I've placed an order from both bigals and drsfoster on the same day and the bigals order came in a few days faster!

I did have a problem once when they sent me the wrong test kit. I called them and they told me not to bother shipping the wrong one back and they sent me the correct one asap.

witowsks
10/01/2004, 10:14 AM
well IMO.....they suck

Vpham97
10/01/2004, 10:19 AM
how can they be the cheapest when all they do it match prices. At least 2 other stores will do beter than match they will BEAT the lowest price Big Gay ALs has.

They pricematch and beat the other store by 5%. This has been their policy for years. They also double the guaranteed on electronic products.