PDA

View Full Version : Want To Remove Euro-Reef Foam Filter?

Ace
11/03/2001, 07:07 PM
I asked a while ago how I could remove the foam filter on my Euro-Reef skimmer and this is what I came up with today. I used a small plastic container that I cut a hole in the bottom and then just slipped it over the pipe.

Actually, Capt.Dave gave me the idea, I just kind of turned it upside down. Seems to be working really well!

http://www.reprovideo.com/pma_images/euro.jpg

Sparrow
11/04/2001, 01:24 AM
Nice pic. next on my to do list.

Ace
11/04/2001, 06:32 AM
Thanks!

It took me longer to create the pic than to do the modification.

Ace

DRT
11/04/2001, 06:46 AM
I tried a similar approach but found that the open pipe, on occasion would splash. I think this occured at night when all the electrical appliances were off and more juice was given to the pump, I've noticed we have swings like this.

To minimize the splashing and direct the flow down I used a PVC U fitting and ran the discharge back into the sump as the picture shows. I stuck the foam on a piece of drilled PVC to capture the bubbles and so far there has not been a problem and the splashing has stopped.

Just another approach.

Dale

Ace
11/04/2001, 09:02 AM
Hi Dale,

I really got rid of the foam so I would not have to clean it every couple of days. So far no splashing. Keeping fingers crossed.

Ace

golfish
11/04/2001, 09:48 AM
Dale,
I noticed on top of the U fitting you have another smaller fitting. What if anything is this used for.

Ace
11/04/2001, 09:57 AM
I think that might be a drain trap.