PDA

View Full Version : ORA status ???

corro
09/24/2004, 10:27 PM
i have heard that ORA got hit in the hurricanes, but noting specific. Curious what the status is and if we will see frags any time soon?

Chip Douglas
09/25/2004, 03:08 AM
My lfs told me they are only selling fish at the moment, hopefully the corals are still alright.

I sent a pm to dustin quite a while ago, and his last post was september 2nd. I imagine they aren't in the best shape, but it's good to hear they are at least up and running again somewhat.

Hopefully Dustin can get on soon and let us all know what happened.

pi
09/25/2004, 10:54 AM
They were hit pretty hard and did suffer some losses.

They are working hard to get back to pre-hurricane operations. I hope they will be back in full swing soon!

Jeremy Blaze
09/25/2004, 11:09 AM
I was told they lost all corals. Are asking people to send some back to them. I was also told the only things they were able to save where the fish broodstock. I don't know how much truth there is to this.

pi
09/25/2004, 11:38 AM
Jeremy - That is a bit exagerated.

coralsandbar
09/25/2004, 12:47 PM
They saved all broodstock breeding fish pairs and some others, all coral colonies were saved, they lost the current frags in production.

They will be back and and close to full-scale in 2-4 weeks.

Rob

Diesel3443
09/25/2004, 01:27 PM
Are you sure rob Because my sources have said that they lost most of their colonies only were able to save a few. plus if you looked at the weather down here it does not look good for us in about 7 hrs

Sean