PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Donations for My Classroom

davelin315
09/21/2004, 07:53 PM
Hello everyone, I'm a 5th grade teacher at Floris Elementary School in Herndon, Virginia and was wondering if anyone would like to donate some equipment to help me set up a small reef tank in my classroom. I am an experienced reef keeper, but since I moved from Chicago last year I haven't had a tank up and running. Unfortunately, I gave away all of my stuff when I moved, and am just starting to get the itch again. I purchased a 15 gallon eclipse show system to put in my classroom, but it's light source is inadequate as is (I have a friend sending me two double 9 watt PC fixtures without bulbs that I gave him a few years back, but I think that 36 watts is pretty measly as far as light requirements go). It's only about 23" wide, so it would be tough to squeeze a 65 watt PC fixture in it (I saw one for sale at the Reef Tank the other day for only $20, but I don't know if it would fit), but if anyone has done it, please let me know. Beyond the light source, I'm also looking for circulation pumps, and once I get this stuff, live sand donations and live rock donations. Please let me know if you're interested in helping out. The tank would help us to learn about two units we cover in science (as well as make the students ecologically aware of the reefs), being light which we are just now starting, and an ocean unit we do later on. You can contact me here, or send me an e-mail at school: david.lin@fcps.edu . Thanks!

Dave