PDA

View Full Version : Coral Fanatics - What a Rip Off

hardreef
09/19/2004, 08:23 PM
I placed a large order with CroalFanatics.com I had seen someone give a good response to them a whiel back and took a look at their site. It seemed liek some nice stuff and decent prices so i went ahead.

Well let me tell you frags are not the stated size but rather 1/2" at most.

Most of the pieces were not as advertised. Either photoshopped or just grossly misrepresented

They sent me 4 wrong pieces. And instead of some colonies i orderd i got a frag the size of 3/4-1" I meailed them back and forth trying to get it straigtened out. Finally when i told them i just want the stuff i ordered and id take it on the chin for the small frags i stopped hearing form them. I emailed them probably 6 times with no response at all.

I highly suggest not dealing with these guys unless you want to be ripped off and very dissapointed.

Any suggestions on how to get my money back? i payed through paypal but they dont help because the seller shipped a package and thats all they want to know about.

mothra
09/20/2004, 12:07 AM
Paying by paypal has it's downside. I have filed complaints where the seller didn't even ship anything and paypal couldn't get me any money back because the seller's account had no balance. I think you just have to chalk this one up to experience.

Thanks for sharing experience if nothing else it will help the rest of us out :\

Harpo
09/20/2004, 09:27 AM
I had a better experience. I ordered a 12 pack of zoas and let Josh choose from stock with some guidelines about what I'd like and definately not like. Received 15 frags total. Did lose 2 to white crud but that is about average for shipped zoas. Size was small but colors were very good which is more important to me.

Mark

hardreef
09/20/2004, 10:39 AM
maybe their zoas are better then their sps. Either way service is horrible. They could have fixed the problem but they choe to ignore me for weeks.

cwbroden
09/20/2004, 10:22 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I was thinking of giving them a try, but think I will hold off now. Anyone else have input on this company?

hardreef
09/20/2004, 10:51 PM
not sure if they saw this and have now decided to respond to my emails but i finally got them to answer back. They said they have gotten rid of one of their partners, moved locations and have upgraded all their systems. So that is the reason i havent heard from them. Anyway they gave me a $100 credit. Which is satisfactory to me. Make of it what you will. Ill update when i use my 100 credit and let everyoen know how things come in

Coralfanatics
09/20/2004, 11:24 PM
Hello there Fellow Reefers...
This is Josh with Coralfanatics.com...In regards to the posting...Danny...Im sorry about what happend...Like Chris stated we had a partner leave the business just recently...It was an ugly ordeal...Infact I almost went to jail so defending our corals...LOL...I AM TERRIBLEY SORRY...We are trying to work it out to where we can all be happy...Your order screw up was our fault but not our fault...He was an employee, but he did it, Not us if you understand that. I will do anything and everything to make this right...Cuz as you can see by our prices...We are not here to make money, I work a day job and do this as a hobby to expand others tanks along with mine...Once again We apologize for everything. I hope after you recive your new stuff you are happier...Thanks for your honesty, and we will do what we need to, to make things right.
Josh Cook

URL not allowed and removed

Razing Kane
09/21/2004, 01:08 AM
well put josh, danny, there you go bro!

bon_jon11
09/21/2004, 03:17 PM
Hi everybody,
I have ordered from coralfanatics about 3 seperate times now. Let me tell you, you are NOT going to find the colors they offer anywhere else at such a low price. I understand your concern hareef, but when you look at the pics they display, you can see that they are sitting on egg crate and it takes a no brainer to estimate the size by comparing to the amount of squares there are. Just takes a lil thinking that's all. I would totally recommend buying from these guys, like I said you won't find any other place with the quality and prices of these guys. My opinion these guys are selling too cheap, take advantage of it while you can;).

Ritten
09/21/2004, 04:48 PM
hardreef, I hope you can chalk this up to a questionable employee as explained by Josh. I ordered last Tuesday and had great customer service from Josh. I received ten frags. Two were smalller than I expected. 8 were larger than I expected. I would definately order from them again.

hardreef
09/21/2004, 04:57 PM
Yes i am chalking it up to a questionable employee and everything that went along with cleaning up his mess. Ill report back once i place my second order with the credit i recieved

cwbroden
09/21/2004, 10:06 PM
Definately post again hardreef. Really interested in seeing since I liked what I saw on their site.

cwbroden
09/21/2004, 10:06 PM
<double post>