PDA

View Full Version : Feather Duster Smoking?

Flame*Angel
10/31/2001, 09:57 AM
The last couple days I've noticed my feather duster "smoking". It seems to be expelling a fair amount of the stuff too. Is it trying to reproduce? Anyone else notice this?

ScavDog
10/31/2001, 10:05 AM
Congrats! you are the proud pappa of baby feather dusters. If nothing else it is a sign of a healthy system. Pay attention to little "curley-cues" appearing on your glass and rock. If you use a magnifying glass you can see the little duster poking out of the end.
:D

absolutc
10/31/2001, 10:09 AM
From what it looks like, I have quite a few white curly ques all over my tank. More noticeably on the BLACK overflows... those are feather dusters?? I thought they were a whole different species alltogether? So that is a good sign? Ill post a pic of my "curly cues" so I can get better confirmation.:cool:

Scholesy
10/31/2001, 02:06 PM
cool, Flame Angel... send half a dozen over here LOL

how big are the parents? I have 3 or 4 tiny ones in my tank; the fan when open is about 1/3" across.

FishHead
10/31/2001, 02:12 PM
What are you guys smoking?

filishy
10/31/2001, 03:52 PM
Congrats Flame, you grandma you ... :thumbsup:

BTW, how's the caulastrea doing?

Mary.

Flame*Angel
10/31/2001, 05:32 PM
The parent is (I'm pretty sure) a giant Hawiian. It's brown and white with about a 5" spread on it's fan.

Anyone know of a site with some indepth info on feather dusters? I have a lot of minis but only the one big one that's smoking.

Mary - I really think the Caulastrea is going to be fine after all, thanks for asking. It ate twice yesterday and is almost back to it's original beautiful self. It gave me quite a scare though!

filishy
11/01/2001, 07:45 AM
Glad to hear everything's well. :bounce3:

Mary.