PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer's

Tangs" R " US
09/18/2004, 02:25 PM
I will be starting a new 150 Reef system in 5 months. I'm upgrading from a 65 Gal. I was looking at 2 diffrent skimmers. One is a AquaMedic Turbofloder 1000 Multi, the other is a Deltec AP600. Any advice would greatly help.

Scott .

dragon_slayer
09/18/2004, 08:05 PM
best advice i can give is get a Euro-Reef, you wont regret it.

kc

leheath
09/18/2004, 08:42 PM
I have heard good things about both - they are especially well regarding in the UK, but not as common/popular over here (not sure why?). As another option, if you are DIY minded, you could build your own Euro-reef. I used the 'easy as pie DIY skimmer' thread here on RC and I had no experience with that kind of DIY and I now have a great skimmer that cost approx. $50 (including the pump!).

PS. I see you are from Georgetown, I am from Acton, but live down here in Arizona now! :)

DaveC
09/19/2004, 05:03 AM
I had the turbofloater 1000 on my 72 gallon bow, although it did work, you never realize what you are missing until you have tried something else, or something better, of the two the deltec I have only heard would be the way to go.....if you are leaning toward a Euro-Reef try the ASM skimmers...many sell them...Euro-Reef knock off's that work just as well and priced alot better.....but with a full bioload on a 150 I do not think the turbofloater would be the way to go..

DaveC

Tangs" R " US
09/20/2004, 08:29 AM
From what I can see the AquaMedics has a much smaller chamber. The Deltec has a larger one. I have read that contact time with the air bubbles is all important. True or False ?

Scott.

tacocat
09/20/2004, 08:50 AM
Since your looking at Deltecs, look at H&S skimmers, available at tpaquarium.com.