PDA

View Full Version : *** Chaetomorpha 4 SALE ***

trodder
09/15/2004, 03:26 PM
I have 3 or 4 tightly packed bags of Chaetomorpha for sale. I charge $15 shipped... usually via USPS. THey are full of pods and micro stars, etc... I accept paypal, cash or check. Please post or pm me if interested...

Thanks,

Thomas

VoidRaven
09/15/2004, 07:56 PM
ygpm

weap0n_X
09/15/2004, 08:48 PM
I might be interested..ill let you know tomorrow

trodder
09/16/2004, 12:37 PM
sounds good... I still have 2 or 3 left...

trodder
09/20/2004, 01:06 PM
bump^^^

minus_13
09/20/2004, 02:35 PM
Let me know where to send payment... I want one bag...

flatzboy
09/20/2004, 07:23 PM
I'll take a bag give me your paypal name and i'll put in my address with the payment.

tonybui
09/21/2004, 02:17 AM
Hi,

Iwould like to have 1 bag. I want to pay cash

trodder
09/21/2004, 11:23 AM
Minus 13 and Flatzboy you can paypal me at trodder@comcast.net
please make sure that you DO NOT pay me using a credit card. I do not accept credit card payments on my paypal account. Please use your checking or savings account unless you all ready have a credit from payments received on your paypal account. tonybui I will send you a PM with my address to send me cash.

minus_13
09/21/2004, 02:07 PM
Paypal payment sent... please let me know when it goes out and when the expected delivery date is, so that I know when to expect it.

I highly suggest using a carrier other than USPS. USPS has the worst tracking system by far, which makes it difficult to inquire as to when it will be delivered. Thanks!

trodder
09/22/2004, 10:16 AM
Minus,
I do agree with you about USPS, however to get something sent by any other courier in 2 to 3 days is extremely expensive, in fact the only option besides normal ground delivery is to overnight it which is really expensive. I do use delivery confirmation with USPS to ensure it does arrive. The nice thing about USPS is it comes when your mail arrives. Most though not all people know when there mail arrives, so you can keep an eye out for it or try to be home for it. However if Chaeto sits in your mailbox for a few hours one day it won't really hurt it. I wil ship out on Monday the 27th...I will ship out to anyone who has the money to me by then...I prefer to only ship on Monday & Tuesdays only.

jay24k
09/22/2004, 11:02 PM
Why do you not allow paypal through credit cards? As long as the shipping address is verified, I don't see the problem? How big are the bags anyway?

MrZ
09/23/2004, 09:35 AM
In order to accept CC payments from paypal you need to be a premeire member, as soon as you become a premeire member paypal starts taking huge percentages of your payments regardless of whether they were bank or credit card.

trodder
09/24/2004, 01:24 PM
That is exactly why MrZ...thanks for the explanation....I honestly don't care if you are verified or not or have a verified address or not. I just don't want to have to take a percentage hit that will cause me to loose money on sending this stuff out. The last bag I shipped cost me abpout $7.50...envelopes are about $1.50 a piece gas to the Post Office is at least $2...etc...baggies, water, salt, etc that is consumed by packing this stuff ends up being at least $0.10... etc... all the little things add up. Not to mention time is money and I have to take time out of my busy life to get this stuff shipped out to share it with the rest of the Reefing community. I give it free to locals because I am trying to do the right thing and propagate as much as possible, but when it comes to shipping stuff it gets to be a PIA, but I would rather do all that and make $1.50 to $2 rather than throw something that valuable (not $$$ wise) away. So I do apologize to anyone that wanted to pay using a credit card. All though on the same note why would you want to pay iterest on a bag chaeto when it is just as easy to setup your bank acocunt to paypal???

jay24k
09/24/2004, 01:34 PM
You don't pay interest. Plus you get a kickback when you use your credit card at the end of the year. Make a couple hundred free bucks a year without paying any interest. :) But that's understandable either way.

Thanks

jay24k
09/24/2004, 04:13 PM
Also I don't trust paypal with my bank account information. Once you use it, they can pull out money very easily and have done it before. That's my reason for not using it. 9 months later, they tried pulling money out for an item I sent. No matter how I proved it, they tried to pull it out. I had to cancel the account before they did it.

But thanks anyway. I found somewhere else who did accept CC.

trodder
09/27/2004, 03:32 PM
minus_13 I sent it out this morning and it is due to arrive on Wednesday...however I did not realize it until I asked the guy at the counter when it will get there and says "should be there by Wednesday but Florida...I dunno..." With the crappy weather you guys are havin I am a little concerned about it getting there...but we'll see (I did get a delivery confirmation number so that I will know that it arrived and when.)

minus_13
09/28/2004, 01:05 PM
It'll probably be alright... we'll see.