PDA

View Full Version : Zeovit dealer

A Reef Scene
09/05/2004, 07:47 AM
Before I finish the deal, Just wanted to see if the demand is here. How many of the Chicago reefers would be intrested in the zeovit system?

clwnphish
09/05/2004, 08:50 AM
Me! I am sure once locals get to see others zeo tanks they would also get hooked.

Clwn

Bill Carlson
09/05/2004, 09:59 AM
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a zeovit system?

ostrow
09/05/2004, 02:21 PM
I did a google search. I see no ingredients on their website. Seems like a massive risk to me.

A Reef Scene
09/05/2004, 05:20 PM
This might help a little better. Was taken right off of the zeovit web page.

After a very long test period using the ZEOvit method, we are confident that it is now simple to maintain the extreme natural coloration found in SPS corals from Fiji, Tonga, The Solomon Islands and Micronesia. The ZEOvit system biologically revitalizes the aquarium water, removes all the detrimental elements by skimmer and the Zeolite. Old or brown SPS will return to their natural color. The tissue will brighten and colors will gain a more metallic appearance. Polyp extension is also significantly increased during the hours of light. To maintain efficiency and maximize removal of unwanted compounds and proteins, it is essential to clean the skimmer regularly.

A Miracle? Perhaps. The time it takes to achieve the coloration seen in our own systems can vary up to as much as 9 months and is very much dependent upon the level of contamination in the aquarium. Those who hope to see the effect after a few days should try something else - this system takes time and patience, but the results are very worthwhile. ZEOvit should not be overdosed in order to give corals time to acclimate to the new water environment. If the environment is changed too fast, SPS corals will not have enough time to acclimate and may suffer. The same principle applies to ZEObak and ZEOfood. Both ZEOfood and ZEObac supply SPS corals with the necessary elements in a low nutrient environment.
It is important to note that you should reduce dosing of any and all trace elements to 5% of the manufacturer recommendation, especially iodine and iron. Optimal conditions for the ZEOvit method include concentrations of calcium at approximately 400mg/l, magnesium approximately 1300-1350 mg/l and KH of 6-8.

ZEOvit should be placed in a strong flow of around 500 gph. This can either be in the sump or directly connected to the tank. We offer a reactor for ZEOvit that can be purchased directly from us. The food and the bacteria can be placed directly into the tank or the sump. We have not seen any negative effects with Clams or Soft corals (Xenia, Cespitularia, Sinularias etc.). It is noticeable that various kinds of Xenia pump very fast and continue to grow at a similar rate to that found in nature. We will continue to improve the ZEOvit system for the home aquarist.

A Reef Scene
09/05/2004, 05:23 PM
My bad, the Captive Oceans web site.

clwnphish
09/05/2004, 08:16 PM
do a search on here on RC, there are many threads about it. There is also the cheapo vodka method.

Clwn

ostrow
09/05/2004, 09:29 PM
Well, I still follow the principle of, if the manufacturer won't tell me what is in it, I won't put it in my tank.

misery
09/05/2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by ostrow
Well, I still follow the principle of, if the manufacturer won't tell me what is in it, I won't put it in my tank.

Yeah.. I'm not too jazzed on it myself.. It looks really cool, but there's just not enough documentation and too many 'secrets' involved in it. I may, however, use a few of the more documented additives.

But, If I ever did a sort of experimental frag-farm deal, I may give it a shot. That's a while down the road though.

A Reef Scene
09/05/2004, 10:34 PM
I will try and find out what it is made up of.

A Reef Scene
09/11/2004, 03:15 PM
back to the top