PDA

View Full Version : So very excited....first fish!

Doubledown
09/04/2004, 07:46 PM
Just got my first fish acclimated and into the reef. First 2 additions are a Mystery Wrasse and a female Blackspot Swallowtail Angel.

The wrasse is very cool - the purples are brilliant and the eyes are like neon with the actinics.

I also added some softies to the tank as well - it's finally looking like a reef instead of just a box of rocks and water.

Just thought I'd share.

Chris

misery
09/04/2004, 08:05 PM
CONGRATS!

Glad to hear that your reef is movin' on along.. Good stuff!

jcigars
09/04/2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Doubledown
Just got my first fish acclimated and into the reef. First 2 additions are a Mystery Wrasse and a female Blackspot Swallowtail Angel.

The wrasse is very cool - the purples are brilliant and the eyes are like neon with the actinics.

I also added some softies to the tank as well - it's finally looking like a reef instead of just a box of rocks and water.

Just thought I'd share.

Chris

Chris those are some real nice fish :)

zonco
09/04/2004, 09:05 PM
yea that mystery wrasse is worth some dough I would love to have one but I Am a unemployed artist .

slave-of-rock
09/04/2004, 10:18 PM
what burb are u from zonco?

A Reef Scene
09/05/2004, 07:43 AM
You have a great start on your tank.

zonco
09/05/2004, 12:09 PM
Schaumburg

derrikd
09/05/2004, 12:57 PM
cool.... post some pics of it..

BTW.... i work in swood

Doubledown
09/05/2004, 01:47 PM
They seem to be getting along nicely, the angel is eating some mysis and starting to venture out from the rocks abit.

My fiance has taken to calling the wrasse "Austin", after the original Man of Mystery Austin Powers. That kind of struck me as funny, so I think it will stick.

Thanks
Chris

dlancz
09/08/2004, 04:27 AM
Congrats!

When can we expect some pics?

Doubledown
09/08/2004, 10:33 AM
Sorry, I am digitally challenged (no camera ):( and so I don't have any pictures yet.

Yesterday the Mystery Wrasse truely was a mystery. He was missing for the entire day until I found him in the overflow! Amazing, I had covered every opening on the tank with eggcrate and he finds his way into the overflow - nice. Another late night trip to Home Depot for some gutter guard and the overflow is now covered.

Great fish though, comes right out of the rockwork and looks at you as you are watching him.