PDA

View Full Version : A few softies available

ostrow
09/04/2004, 02:09 PM
Hi. I have some more softies I can sell:

A couple kenya tree and xenia frags, kenyas about 2", xenias larger. $7 with "lifetime guarantee" (meaning as long as I'm in the hobby and have these in the tank!)

Mushrooms, mostly red but some purples and greens, 3 for $10 (can't specify color, I'm partially color blind in the red-green range and it is too hard to tell what they are when I am getting them off the substrate at the back of the tank anyway but this is a good price).

2 green star polyp frags, mounted on substrate rubble. $10 each.

EMAIL ME ONLY please, joel@ostrows.us

For pickup in Lisle/Naperville area Tu-Fri, preferably morning, or at Schiller Park (Irving Park Rd and Cumberland) on Saturdays time TBD.

ny_jets
09/04/2004, 05:58 PM
email sent

Lord Mort
09/04/2004, 06:08 PM
ditto

ostrow
09/08/2004, 09:23 PM
Still available. I can be met in Lisle during most weekdays, or this Saturday afternoon at The Midway.

Lord Mort
09/08/2004, 09:50 PM
What is "The Midway"?

liz3
09/08/2004, 10:39 PM
Joel, the stuff I bought went mia. Lifetime gaurantee mean I can get more? The xenia just kept moving around the tank. Kenya trees were doing ok, then I moved rock around and they disapeared.

ostrow
09/09/2004, 11:14 AM
Liz, you mean you buried them? Did you try turning the rock in question back around? Kenyas are pretty hard to kill so my guess is if you turn the rock back around it'll be there. How long ago was it? probably what it is doing is slowly growing in a weird shape to get back at the light.

Did the xenia croak? Or did it also get buried? Same deal, really. I can't remember how much time has passed. Give it a few more weeks, see if you can find them, and if not, I'll be able to get you another frag of each, but they may be smaller this time (unless you can wait a bit longer). Right now the xenia I have is spoken for.

But I have oodles of shrooms available.

liz3
09/10/2004, 10:58 PM
Xenia croaked, that happened within a week. I did get one small frag for free from someone else that is doing fine. Kenyas, they were visable on the rock, and not turned upside down. Haven't seen a sign of them. If they were growing in a weird position I would have seen by now, this happened not to long after I brought them home.

No rush, just wanted to let you know, they were all mia.

Later,
Liz

ostrow
09/11/2004, 07:43 PM
No problem I'll replace. Email me to arrange.