PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend!

pattylt
09/01/2004, 11:32 PM
Hi everyone,
Long time no write! I have completed my move to the new house. Never want to move again, thankyouverymuch. Super big thanks to Dave and Scott and crew at Triton Aquatics for moving my tank and doing such a superb job. They were awsome.
Now for your opinions please....
My 75gal needs a new skimmer. While I will spend whatever $$$ is needed to get a great skimmer, I will NOT buy the biggest, baddest skimmer made. Please give me your recommendations/opinions on makes and models that would be best for a 75 gal with 20gal sump (no bigger or smaller,please). It will need to be hang on. My current one just can't handle the overfeeding that I occasionally do. OK, do quite often... OK, maybe daily....
Whatcha think?
Patty

freddie40
09/02/2004, 12:00 AM
I too have a 75 gallon and I use a Aqua C Remora. Although this is probably too small I balance it out with a refugium. If you do not plan on using a refugium I would highly recommend the Remora Pro. I installed my Remora a year ago and I have never had to maintain it. Excellent quality and the service I got from Aqua C was first rate.

Dave

Stormbringer22
09/02/2004, 02:10 AM
My Remora Pro has been a reliable skimmer on my display tank for the last close to two years! Customer service is second to none!

pattylt
09/02/2004, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the replies! Guess I should have said that I have a 20gal refugium (not sump). I will look into the Remora's. Any online stores with great prices?

dsandfort
09/02/2004, 11:32 AM
Patty-
How you been?
I know someone with a Remora that might want to sell it. Let me know if you're interested in a used one and if so, I'll check with him. He upgraded to a larger AquaC.
Del

Stormbringer22
09/02/2004, 01:30 PM
http://marinedepot.com/aquarium_protein_skimmers_aquac_remora.asp?CartId=