PDA

View Full Version : Aquascaping quesion...

kmu
10/23/2001, 05:31 PM
Hi there, I've been looking at people tanks and I see that almost everyone has the reef against the back glass...wouldn't the glass break because of all the live rock against it? I have about 260 LBS of fiji live rock and well I have it as a big mountan reef in the middle of the tank...

Would it look better if a I put the mountain against the back glass?Will the glass hold or break because of the sharp rocks?

My tank has the same swimming space in the front part and on the back part...is this OK?

Cnidae
10/23/2001, 05:38 PM
There is nothing wrong with how you setup your rock, being the same distance from the front and the back. Your glass is not going to break because of a sharp point on a rock. Put the point of a sewing pin against your glass. Does it break, I think not. Just messing with ya.

becka
10/23/2001, 05:50 PM
hey arrange the rock however you like it. If you want it up against the back glass, go for it. The side glass... ok sure. I personally have 2 rock piles. One on either side. Got room all the way around and don't have the 'wall' look. I like the way your rock is set up but you are the one that has to look at it everyday. It is totally up to you and your personal prefernce. Well, unless you are married and then it is up to your wife! :)

kmu
10/23/2001, 09:30 PM
I just did some aquascaping arrangements, please tell me what ya think...THX in advance

kmu
10/23/2001, 09:31 PM
Another one

moviegeek
10/23/2001, 09:33 PM
KMU - Good use of door space! What size Kent topoff is that?

kmu
10/23/2001, 09:58 PM
Another one

kmu
10/23/2001, 10:01 PM
Last one

kmu
10/23/2001, 10:03 PM
moviegeek: that's a 1600ml...need to get a bigger one or make a bigger one...For a whole weekend top off...

Covenant
10/23/2001, 10:34 PM
Hey kmu, I like the second arrangement, with the mountain in the middle - looks great! I tried that myself, but with a 33 gallon tank, it's not so impressive. At the moment I'm doing the wall thing (or rather, it'll be a wall when everything I rescued goes back in the tank - I had a "slight" leak that drained the whole tank last night...:( ), but the wall's broken by tons of caves and tunnels.