PDA

View Full Version : vulnerable clowneys?

staunched
08/27/2004, 10:27 PM
my army of clarkii's hatched last night. theres still hundreds left swimming around today and im wondering when ill be able to get a gauge of how many will survive. obviously they're most vulnerable in the first few days. can i expect to lose a few/a lot more in the next 5-7 days up untill they move onto brine shrimp ?
can i expect a large percentage of the ones that make it onto brine to prosper?
i was told to expect only a couple of survivors on my first atempt at breeding clowns. judging by how many are swimming around today im thinking/hoping i can probably save quite a few..
i know these are silly questions but basically at what stage in their growth can i safely label them SURVIVORS. hehe.. obviously providing water stays optimal.

phender
08/28/2004, 12:49 AM
The babies yolk sac will last them 2-3 days, after that you will know whether or not they have been eating the food you are providing.

IME, there are 2 critical times. The first morning, and the 3rd day. I have read that metamorphosis is a difficult time, but I have not experianced many losses during that time.

staunched
08/28/2004, 02:11 AM
cheers phender much appreciated. im feeding them nano enriched rotifiers so hopefully they'll be bloated allready. if i can keep the remainders alive (easily 100) ill be sooo chuffed.. things can only improve from here. anyways thanks again and enjoy your weekend..
stauncho