PDA

View Full Version : Lfs??

ScoobyDuu24
08/27/2004, 09:35 PM
What are some good fish stores in Delaware I know of the Fish Man in christiana and The Fish Bowl in Dover but I am looking for another quality store in delaware.

sillyreefer
08/27/2004, 09:43 PM
Try Pet Safari in Rehoboth Beach. Anne is trhe owner. She usually has nice Livestock. Also, As far as livestock goes, Dr. Mac is only about 45 minutes - 1 hour from Dover! Definitely the best place for liverock and many other goodies. I have not been to fishman...How is it?

p.s. let me know if you are in the need of some gear...I always have some extra stuff on hand.

Mike

ScoobyDuu24
08/27/2004, 10:39 PM
Yea I need some stuff I am just planning my tank so I need pretty much everything. Just let me know what you have.

chawee
08/28/2004, 08:52 AM
Try Williams Greenbank Aquarium...
it's behind PepBoys on Kirkwood Hwy

Chalie

dvlhzdu
08/28/2004, 11:51 AM
If you are just planning and need dry goods I would say That pet place in Lancaster or Hidden reef in Noth Philly. More of a drive but pricing is hard to beat for all the drygoods.

Scout
08/28/2004, 12:39 PM
Hi you can also check out our sponsor page at the club website at www.delreefclub.org.

Check out the ones already said as well as The Hidden Reef in Philadelphia and Exoctic Aquatics in Baltimore.

Good Luck
Mike

MadTownMax
08/28/2004, 04:09 PM
If you can make it over to Exotic Aquatics (15 min North of Baltimore) it's worth the drive - they have some excellent livstock and facilities.

-Nick

aquajamieb
08/28/2004, 05:12 PM
I am surprised that no one has mentioned Tull's yet. Are we on the outs with them now? The are also behind Prices corner, but on Old Capitol Trail. They have good prices on dry goods, but you have to come in Thursday nights for good livestock selection.

DodgeHemi
08/30/2004, 11:47 AM
I have occasionally gotten some decent fish/corals from Newark Tropicals at fair prices.

dvlhzdu
08/30/2004, 12:39 PM
I don't think anyone is "on the outs" but on my recent visits to Tulls I have not seen the variety in the store. No corals in several weeks and only damsels on the tanks. They have rearranged the store which looks much better. I assumed they were preparing to cycle tanks as many are dry.

aquajamieb
08/30/2004, 12:40 PM
i guess i have noticed not as much livestock too. The store DOES look much better, i agree. Prices are still pretty low too.

RBTA
08/30/2004, 05:23 PM
Tulls is great go in on thursdays to get stuff, i have a colt coral thats doing great
Pet Safari is great too i just picked some Xenia from them
Fish man, nice quality but high price
Williams Greenbank, i checked it out they had a lot of live rock but not much on livestock when i was there

kev apsley
09/12/2004, 09:23 AM
not in Delaware but only about 35-40 minute ride...closer than "The Hidden Reef" actually in Blackwood, NJ "The Aquarium Center" they carry tons drygoods, I especially like that they carry Tunze Streams and they have a ORA frag tank filled with a very good selection of colorful ORA frags, well worth a trip!

http://aquariumcenter.biz/

dataz722
10/17/2004, 06:06 PM
I know this i an old thread but this is my first at this forum and i was just reading through it. Newark tropicals have a nice selection. I also like just fish in Fox Run. I live in newark and didnt even know about tulls, i think im gonna go up there on thurs night!