PDA

View Full Version : best place to buy metal halide?

bboygraphix
08/27/2004, 01:08 AM
does anyone know any good online retailers that sell metal halide setups? im looking for either a MH Pendant or a MH + actinic (VHO or other). thanks.

Daveyboi
08/27/2004, 01:19 AM
Check out all the RC sponsers. They all have some good setups....

:D
Dave

DT's_Reef
08/27/2004, 01:31 AM
I've been most pleased with Giesemann. You can contact AquaTek in Austin, TX for information, or post a thread on the Reef Central Giesemann forum.

Giesemann also has a website www.giesemannlicht.com with product information, etc.

By the way, I love discus, zebra plecos and rams too. Bred the discus, tried breeding the plecos, and bred rams. Now I just have a 90g planted tank (automated Dupla system) for my Altum Angels. Of course it has Giesemann lighting too.

bboygraphix
08/27/2004, 01:51 AM
thanks! i had 3 zebra plecos that were the stars of my tank. sadly, i had to tear down my tanks and sell them when i went to college. but now that i'm almost done, i set up a salt tank about 4 and a half months ago. and i LOVE it!

giesemann is a bit out of my price range (being a college student), but i will definately keep them in mind when i get a full time job :)

dcs
08/27/2004, 09:08 AM
I got my hood from www.captivereefs.com and have bee happy with t. The sponsors all have good stuff as wel!

Brewboy74
08/27/2004, 03:29 PM
Premium Aquatics is great to deal with I got all my Sunlight Supply lighting from them and everything went very smoothly. I would highly recomend them. They are good about price matching too.

Whaledriver
08/28/2004, 01:04 AM
www.captivereefs.com is a nice site with good prices and they are nice to work with.

NM reef
08/28/2004, 10:05 AM
I second the referal to Premium aquatics...great group of individuals to work with. Lots of places sell MH's...but very few have the same quality service and attention to detail that the fine folks at Premium Aquatics offer. I've purchased a dual 250 PHO system and a dual 400 PFO system from them and they have been a pleasure to work with.You may spend a bit less someplace else...but personally I'd rather pay a bit more for quality service.

dcs
08/28/2004, 12:14 PM
I would say that premiumaquatics.com and captivereefs.com are the 2 best. They both have about the same level of customer service and great prices as well. I bounce between them both when i need something.

jpluttme
08/30/2004, 03:44 PM
I got a CoralVue retro from Justin at DIY Reef and am very happy with it.

aquaprop1
08/30/2004, 05:05 PM
Custom Aquatic (www.Customaquatic.com) has some outstanding prices on Aqualine products, check them out. Consitently great service and fast shipping.