PDA

View Full Version : So stinkin' happy...

misery
08/25/2004, 07:49 PM
SO!

I recently got tired of fooling around with my antiquated berlin skimmer.. I was running though diffusers like nobody's buisness, and it was just getting tiring haveing to take care of it constantly.

So, I did a little hunting and asking on ole RC.. and I came up with this beauty (http://www.precisionmarine.com/html/hot-1_.html) ..

Ended up finding a used one at Sho-tank aquariums- And man, I lucked out. It was half of retail price, but it has the standard issue Rio powerhead replaced with a Maxi-jet, and had been modified to drain into a jar. Sold American!

I get it home, and throw it on the tank.. It's a great-lookin' poop-remover to start, and over about 48 hours, I had removed a liter of dark skimmate. My tank water is loads clearer, my corals are taking off! My recently re-appeared cyano problem is currently fading out, as well- turning lighter and lighter colors, and receding.

Man, I can't say enough good stuff about this thing. Everything was going alright before, now it's just plain AWESOME.

Hooray!

Sullyman
08/26/2004, 03:00 PM
So what did you think of Sho Tank?

ostrow
08/26/2004, 03:12 PM
You know, that dark skimmate makes a nice tea, no need to even add milk.

misery
08/26/2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Sullyman
So what did you think of Sho Tank?

Probably wouldn't buy livestock there..

Ostrow
You know, that dark skimmate makes a nice tea, no need to even add milk.

EWW! I'll be saving all mine for you, Joel!